CNUD-EFCO is the preferred engineering and solution provider for the float glass manufacturers with special focus on the tin bath and annealing sections of the process.
For more than 55 years, our aim has been to develop high level solutions for thermal treatment of glass including research, design, construction and maintenance. These solutions will continue to contribute to maximize the thermal part of the manufacturing process and to secure the successful introduction of new products by existing and new customers.
CNUD EFCO designs and delivers independently working machines with their own controls and delivers complete annealing lehrs with all the necessary power and control cabinets for drives, cooling, heating, valves, control devices and DCS.
To reinforce our local team in Romania, based in Iasi, we are currently looking for a:
The role: Site engineer
You are a trained engineer who will be involved in the follow-up of several projects within CNUD EFCO.
You are supervising a team of the customer or subcontractor, assembling and installing several products that are supplied by CNUD-EFCO.
You are the focal point of contact to the customer for CNUD-EFCO’s on-site installation activities.
You will be part of the project team and you give input for lessons-learned and completion of as-built documentation.
You will make yourself familiar with all aspects needed to allow you to execute the project on-site according the agreed scope and time-schedule. You are solution-minded and you are independent in on-site problem solving.
The function includes frequent travelling and on-site presence for both project execution as well as post project service activities.
A project typically requires on-site presence from 3 to 4 months. During this time, you will be abroad for uninterrupted periods between 2 and 4 weeks. You will travel around 40% of your time.
When you are not travelling, you will be involved in the realization of projects in the factory.
Key responsibilities :
- Actively lead the mounting teams and subcontractors on site and perform cold testing
- Act as main technical advisor for the on-site construction of CNUD-EFCO’s supply
- Manage the project during its on-site execution : this from unpacking on-site to mechanical completion
- Focus on safety, quality and progress of on-site activities
- Establish intensive relationship with the customer during project-execution and after project follow-up
- Technical assistance / services on request
- You manage the on-site execution of the project from A to Z
- You work in close cooperation with the whole project team and main contractor(s),
- You prepare in depth your on-site presence with the project team in order to have smooth and efficient on-site project execution
- During execution, you are responsible for the execution on-site in line with the agreed planning.
- You report to the project responsible – his presence is on a need-to basis
- You lead and perform the cold tests and you prepare everything so that hot tests, commissioning and successfully handover of the installation to the customer can take place
- You are in contact with external and internal partners : customer, suppliers, production, procurement department, shipping, design & engineering, …
- During your on-site activities, you report to the project responsible. During your stay in the factory, you report to the department head.
- Customer oriented and professional attitude
- Hands-on and pragmatic leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organized, stress-resistant and results oriented
- Intellectually flexible, open minded and capable to adapt to various customer-environments
- Teamplayer that can perform his tasks independently
- Your ‘intellectual curiosity’ is a drive to improve step by step
- Knowledge of Romanian and English is required. Knowledge of any additional language is considered to be a plus.
-Being part of an international company and an industrial global group
-Remuneration according to the market
-Training & career development.