Context of the job:
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important ICT providers in Benelux. We develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructures for medium-sized and large organizations.
We overcome challenges for clients in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics and financial sectors. Customers use our services to implement and integrate IT infrastructures, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, the development and implementation of applications, technical support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Hasselt (BE), Leuven (BE) and Geleen (NL), we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
As well as the Belgian domestic market, Cegeka also has branches in the Netherlands, Poland and Romania, where we have subsidiary companies for remote management and software development.
Within CGMSC (Cegeka Global Managed Services Center), the Infrastructure Division of Cegeka Romania, we provide managed services for multiple customers across Europe on a 24 by 7 basis. We are structured on 4 main levels of technical competence: Support Technician, Support Engineer, System Engineer and Architect. The 4 levels act as a team to ensure customer satisfaction.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager, by operating in 24by7 shifts.
What you need to do:
You have overall responsibility during the Shift for the supervision of all CGMSC services and supporting activities while on duty.
• Effective resolution of customer incidents in line with documented processes and best practices;
• Proactive and intelligent handling of events and alerts in line with agreed standards;
• Correct prioritization of activities within the teams;
• High quality and accurate documentation of incident handling via the Ticketing systems;
• Internal and external escalation point for all exceptional situations related to all services delivered and end to end management of the escalation;
• Documentation and follow-up of recommendations and actions in the incident action log;
• Prompt follow-up with internal & external partners to resolve incidents;
• 24 x 7 business continuity management;
• Comply to all management controls, security policies and report security incidents to the line managers;
• Authority & Order on the work floor;
• Shift Manager acts as Team Leader on the floor when Team Leaders are not in the office;
• Adherence to Physical Security guidelines.
You support on-going service improvements through the Continuous Service Improvement and Opportunity for Improvement processes:
• Creation of accurate and timely incident reporting for all P1 & P2 incidents for management-level distribution;
• Trend analysis, corrective and preventive resolution proposals;
• Documentation of known errors, workarounds, fixes and process by updating internal systems;
• Development and improvement of existing business processes to drive continuous service improvement.
You are also responsible for the development and management of a customer-focused, intelligent and agile on-call standby team:
• Communication of process changes to the team;
• Handover of shifts to your colleagues (Shift Managers);
• Attend regular governance meetings;
• Responsible for out of hours customer support;
• Act as an escalation point;
• Act as a delegate for the Operations Managers.
What you need to have:
Minimum 3 years Team Leader/ Management experience in an operational environment;
Minimum 5 direct reports;
Minimum 3 years of work within a delivery center of a larger outsourcer or Service Provider;
Minimum 2 years of experience of working in a 24x7 shift pattern;
Minimum 2 years’ experience with Ticketing tool (Unicenter Service Desk, Remedy);
ITIL framework knowledge Technical experience:
• General networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, switching);
• General network security concepts (firewalling, antispam, antivirus);
• General storage concepts (SAN, NAS, DAS);
• General virtualization concepts (VMWare, Hyper-V);
• Basic understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Power, HP-UX);
• Basic understanding of Technical Application Management;
Excellent English language (written and spoken) is a must.
How you need to be:
• Strong interest and willingness in self-development;
• Professionalism is required in all communication with the internal and external customers (phone calls, emails);
• Initiative and positive involvement;
• Strong team spirit and involvement;
• Punctuality and flexibility;
• Ability to listen, learn and improve.
What we offer:
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team;
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus extra days in accordance with internal policies;
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers;
• Meal tickets;
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies);
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription;
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.);
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.);
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies);
• Continuous learning and improvement activities;
• Long term career development programs;
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots.