The Service Desk Officer is the first point of contact for the users who call Our Client IT Service Desk. The Service Desk Officer answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a request tracking tool, uses a knowledge base tool, internal procedures, and their own expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Officer escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network, and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. Being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance.
• Respond to questions from all emails and callers.
• Become familiar with each client and their respective applications.
• Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software.
• Become familiar with help desk policies and services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
• Familiar with Windows, 10 operating system, Office, Outlook.
• Advantage is basic knowledge of TCP/ IP networking
• Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
• Take ownership and responsibility of an issues from start through to a successful resolution
• Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures
• Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
• Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices, and procedures
• Working with People
• Analytics skills
• Learning & Researching
• Planning & Organizing
• Good Verbal/Written English skills
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
High school level Education/ College
1-year work experience in an IT-related position