Middle (2-5 ani)
Salariu aproximativ brut oferit / luna in euro
- Start: November 2018
- Location: Iasi, Palas building
The IT Team provides timely and flexible operational support to ensure the business can focus on servicing customers. There is close contact with the business, on day to day issues and on new customer and internal requirements.
Buck has twenty-one offices of which eleven are in the UK and continental Europe. IT services are currently primarily hosted from the London office and from a third-party data center. There are also local server rooms in each of the regional offices. Due to a recent change in company ownership there is a significant project over the next twelve months to overhaul all elements of the global infrastructure.
- The role requires technical, hands-on Windows Server, Citrix, VMware and a level of network skills for the support, protection and development of the server and network environment, with the goal of operational excellence.
- The operational role is to provide expert support for the Buck UK/Europe 120+ server and SAN environment, covering application, file and print, VMware and Citrix servers in the multiple locations. There is an additional role in assisting to maintain the WAN and LAN environment in each office, to ensure the delivery of IT services to the desktop.
- Downtime has a direct impact on business revenue. Proactive management is essential, of the IT infrastructure to ensure optimum performance, reliability and security. Evening and weekend work is required from time to time, to patch, upgrade or replace equipment out of hours.
- The engineer will be based in Romania to be able to support European hours of operation, and to provide an IT presence in the Buck Iasi office. Travel to other offices may occasionally be required, primarily for planned maintenance.
Our new colleague must have the ability to investigate and diagnose across server, WAN, LAN, VOIP, data cabling and desktop delivery issues, and provide rapid problem resolution to minimize disruption to the working day.
- Additionally, assist in the preparation and testing of business continuity plans.
- There will be liaison with UK, US and Canada IT colleagues, across all IT departments, to provide resilient global support, and to participate in projects to deliver new equipment and IT services.
- Documentation of the technical environment, both configuration and operational procedures.
- Information Technology – Involved in maintaining a high-quality production environment for 3+ years, supporting a Windows environment, Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Technical knowledge of MS Active Directory, WindowsIIS 6/7, MS SQLIP routing, and DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of backup technologies and data management
- Experience managing storage technologies.
- Experience of VMWare Infrastructure within a SAN environment, and Citrix XenApp.
- Practical knowledge of server hardware.
- Practical knowledge of switches and familiarity with routers and firewalls.
- Good knowledge of other infrastructure components (desktop environment, databases, telephony) used within business organizations.
- Ability to effectively manage a mixed support and project workload: priorities & resolve problems.
- Windows Server - WindowsActive Directory DNS, DHCP
- Backup Exec
- Citrix XenApp
- VMware Infrastructure within a SAN environment
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Cisco Administration – LAN security, IOS installations and Switch management
- Cisco/Fortinet WAN skills
- Data management and security
- MS SQL
- ASA Firewall
- AWS (Storage Gateway) / Cloud
- File Server – DFS / DFSR
- SCCM Management
- FollowMe Printing (Equitrac)
Could we also ask for?
- Analytic skills – Organized diagnostic approach to resolution of network, hardware and software problems. Ability to translate business requirements into an IT infrastructure strategy.
- Communication skills – Ability to write clear and concise documentation in support of IT projects, installations and practical procedures.
- Interpersonal skills– Persuasive yet diplomatic manner when dealing with all levels of staff and management, in writing and in personal contact. Work well under pressure. Be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
We have a great team looking for colleagues like you!
BUCK - A 102-year-old firm that is JUST GETTING
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on the MANY needs of our clients by drawing on our strength, DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?