Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
4 Bulevardul General Vasile Milea, București
The senior technical editor will support the new product development, delivering high-quality documentation. He/she is playing a key-role in translating the technical information into easily-understandable language. Job duties include professional editing and proofreading for data sheets, user’s guides, application notes, errata, product briefs, programming specifications or technical briefs, according to our internal technical documentation process.
- Provide desktop publishing of technical publications for microcontroller engineering projects;
- Accurately edit, proofread and format technical documentation;
- Interface with internal customers on development of technical literature;
- Maintain and deliver the required documentation in accordance with the project schedule, within deadlines;
- Coordinate and support document control and distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Languages, Journalism and Communication or related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of technical editing experience with writing and analytical skills in the technical environment.
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing.
- Experience in using structured authoring for updating data sheets, user’s guides, application notes, errata, product briefs, programming specifications or technical briefs (SDL content management tool and basic XML skills are a big plus).
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Framemaker. Familiarity with oXygen, Visio or Atlassian tools is highly desirable.
- Ability to assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage many projects from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, thoroughly and accurately, following all departmental standards, style, formatting, archival and procedural rules.
- Continuously look for new ways to improve documentation; attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative working environment and be highly proactive.
- Strong teamwork, organization and problem solving skills. Active listening skills.