With over 4500 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important ICT providers in Benelux. We develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructures for medium-sized and large organizations. We overcome challenges for clients in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics and financial sectors.
Customers use our services to implement and integrate IT infrastructures, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, the development and implementation of applications, technical support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Hasselt (BE), Leuven (BE) and Geleen (NL), we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers. As well as the Belgian domestic market, Cegeka also has branches in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Romania, where we have subsidiary companies for remote management and software development.
You will be part of the Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery Division within our company. We provide standard ‘state of the art’ services for fast growing customers and other divisions within our company.
Your mission is to deliver and support enterprise storage solutions that provide stable and accessible services to meet our customers’ needs. In this manner, you will collaborate with multiple teams (Cegeka group, Customers’ teams and third parties) in order to identify the best technical solution for the customer, thus ensuring obtaining the desired result.
As a member of the Storage Team, you will be involved in all aspects of managing and setting up a large storage environment, including third line operational support (on a rotation schedule). Besides managing different storage infrastructures and technologies, you will also handle complex performance analysis, troubleshoot and take ownership of problems and incidents. We also challenge you to identify opportunities so we can enhance / automate our processes and services. Your in-depth experience will allow you to advice and coach other members of the squad.
The work schedule is from Monday to Friday, with an 8-hour shift, chosen between 08:00 AM and 18:00 PM EET.
What does the job entail?
- As a senior storage engineer, you install, configure and maintain all storage components of our shared environment and customer environments we manage
- Together with the other team members, you continuously improve our storage platforms and services
- You will pick up a Project Engineering role by a 2 months rotation, alongside the seniors within the team
- In a rotation schedule, you offer third line support for our environment and you are the "go to" person for the people who offer second line support
- You collaborate with the other members of the team to automate operational tasks
- Participate in standby / on-call availability schedules
- Share knowledge with other team members and get involved in coaching and follow-up sessions with them
- You will make sure that documentation, instructions and procedures are kept up to date
- Travelling: 2 – 3 trips per year to Belgium, additionally to the trainings/technical courses
Who are we looking for?
- 6-10 years' experience in a similar position
- You have extensive experience across enterprise storage technologies with a very deep understanding of storage concepts
- You have extensive experience with one or more of the following products:
- IBM A9000/ IBM SVC / HPe 3Par / Brocade SAN
- Knowledge of Server operating systems:
- Basic knowledge of: Windows server operating systems
- High knowledge of: Linux/Unix/AIX operating systems
- Knowledge of storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS)
- Good knowledge of BASH as a scripting language;
- Knowledge of Python as a programming language;
- Knowledge of following technologies is considered a plus: Netapp / Dell/EMC ECS / Dell/EMC Vmax / Azure / AWS / Google cloud
- You have a high analytical ability to investigate and resolve problems
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
What we offer (bonuses, benefits):
- Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus 6 days per year ;
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 3 providers
- Meal tickets
- Work from home;
- Dinu Pescariu free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool;
- Preferential rates to 7Card subscription;
- Access to a modern library;
- Preferential rates to a dental clinic;
- Massage within the company premises
- Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
- Access to various training programs;
- Continuous learning and improvement activities;