Tech Mahindra: Who are we?
We are Tech Mahindra GmbH and we drive technological progress: whether AI, everyday automation or cybersecurity - TechM plays a leading role in the IT are looking for a Senior System Engineers* in Timişoara
The Senior System Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer communicates extensively in both oral and written form with internal and external clients, subcontractors, and other external parties that are involved with the provision of IT products and services.
- Provide support for the configuration and installation of servers, network equipment desktop PCs, and related peripherals for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Manages all system backup and restore protocol.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations, and associated systems.
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Leads and oversee the L1 technical support team
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Cisco Certified or Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft
- Two to three years experience on system/network administration
- Minimum of two years experience in the Technical Support Field preferably on a contact center environment
- College graduate, preferably with a degree in Engineering, Electronic Communication Engineering or related courses
- Adapt interpersonal communication and possesses an excellent command of spoken and written English
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Must have depth knowledge in Network, System Administration, Desktop and Applications support and troubleshooting
- Possesses a high level of interpersonal and customer service orientation/skills
- Cisco Certified (CCNA/CCNP) or Microsoft\Unix certification is a plus
- Familiarity with or experience in CISCO call manager is a plus
*We are happy about every application - your gender, age, origin, religion or sexuality do not matter. Networked togetherness. That is Tech Mahindra.