CLOUD ENGINEER - DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST
Seeking a highly self-motivated individual with broad technical experience and the ability / willingness to learn what they don’t know to support and maintain a large global environment.
Candidate must be able to solve complex technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations, proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Hands on experience with a wide variety of technologies such as Weblogic, Oracle Database, Networking, Firewalls, Unix and SQL.
Strong customer focus and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people from end users through senior management.
Typically requires a minimum ofyears hands on experience with a variety of technologies such as Database, Middle Tier, Networking, Firewalls and Unix Administration.
This will include installation, debugging, trouble shooting, performance tuning, patching, upgrading and on-going support for all areas.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications and additional experience will be considered).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of multiple technologies such as:
* Database Administration application / installatiotroubleshooting / support (Oracle 11g / 12c)
* Mid-tier Administration application / installatiotroubleshooting / support (Weblogic)
* Linux Administration application / installatiotroubleshooting / support (preferably Oracle Linux, CentOS or Redhat)
* Programming / Scripting (bash / sh shell scripting required, SQL, Ruby, csh, ksh, Perl, php, all desirable)
* Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack . OBIEE, Endeca, ODI,
* Networking Switches / Routers / Firewalls
* Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
* Virtualization technologies
deployment and support (OVM, OCI)
* OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure support
* Microsoft Windows server
* Fluent in English (Mandatory: excellent spoken and written skills)
* Mentoring and Leadership skills
* Perform light lifting - 25lbs (able to install a 2U server in a Rack)
* Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems
* Familiar with support services, escalation management, customer relationship management solutions (IT ticketing systems)
* Be part of a 24x7x365 team possibly including on-call and weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
* Docker, Chef
* GIT, Jenkins
* Oracle GoldenGate
* Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
* Oracle Application Express (APEX)
* Backup strategy / solutions
* AGILE / DevOps
* Experience setting up Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) environments.
* Experience integrating Weblogic server with Active Directory or other directory servers and configuration of Single Sign On (SSO)
* Experience with platform and infrastructure architecture / design for Oracle Fusion Middleware implementations and upgrades
* Ability to share knowledge and document
* Strong organizational skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required and are subject to change as the technical scope evolves