The IHS Markit Financial Services business group deliver data, insight and software that combine our unparalleled expertise, unique content sets and leading technology to the benefit of our clients.
You will be an instrumental member of our unique, people first culture, where your blend of collaboration, technical prowess, cross functional interactions, team mentorship, and overall problem solving will be relied upon to lead your teams towards continual improvement in software engineering excellence.
You’ll bring a combination of expertise in building cloud-based software products, experience working with US and Asia based companies as a geographically extended portion of the team and are skilled at driving high efficiency engineering teams using Agile methodology.
You and your teams will own the technology evolution of the products you work on, partnering with business facing Product Owners across the firm.
You will be a key member of one of the IHS Markit Financial Service (FS) teams in Bucharest reporting to your team leader.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write, build and deploy code pushing our products further
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Be part of an Agile team, using company’s latest software development lifecycle working closely with team members from all group entities
- Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it and maintains existing legacy applications and redesign towards cloud native architecture
- Track down and resolve bugs
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
We are looking for an open minded software developer that strive for innovation and is not afraid to get out of the comfort zone, , tech-savvy who can work in a team and support his manager in pursuit of success.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, SOA/microservices architecture
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as C#, Python, Java, Angular
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
- Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization
- The ability to break down and drive solutions to technical problems as they arise
- Capacity planning and scalability
- Availability management and understanding of costs vs benefits of building highly reliable systems
- Desire to drive a team to learn and grow AWS knowledge and skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the WSO business and the Loans Franchise
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems
- Strategically focused, and experienced in developing multi-year strategies and roadmaps that drive execution and results
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment