This vacancy is for experienced engineers with a background in supporting and deploying critical IT infrastructures based upon leading public cloud technologies to join our infrastructure teams performing technical project delivery to major clients.
• Part of a dedicated team providing project delivery services, deploying solutions across on-premises or public cloud platforms
• Design, implement and test projects based on clients functional and business requirements (including travel to other countries where necessary)
• Involvement in design and project definition working with software and infrastructure architects to define requirements.
• Research and development of new technologies based on client project pipelines
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
• Provide support services during project go-live, performance tuning, and transition to support operations
The successful applicants will be highly technical, a good team player and able to work calmly under pressure. Quick to learn and with a positive approach, as well as being one of the top technical specialists within their company, they will need to be good at expressing their ideas to management, customers, and other technical people.
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar roles
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Experience in providing project deployment or 3rd line level support services for enterprise grade solutions
• Experience working in a professional services or service provider company
• Application of structured project implementation methodologies (waterfall and agile)
• Excellent technical skills in Redhat Enterprise Linux / CentOS, including deployment as well as support
o Good knowledge of other major Linux distributions is a bonus
The following skills would be a plus:
• Hybrid cloud deployment/management
• On-premises virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V)
• Experience of Infrastructure as code / Infrastructure automation (. Ansible, Terraform)
• Experience working alongside development teams
• General scripting (. bash, python, perl)