Will be responsible for leading the new global scripting and automation team that we are creating within the Support and Services department. The position will be based in Ixia’s offices in Bucharest, Romania.
• Develop new automation platforms, projects or scripts, according to the Support and Services release roadmap within the required timeframe.
• Lead in test script design, bulk automation and test execution.
• Establish the architecture design and code style/framework and best practices for the new projects, scripts and products that will be developed.
• Provide guidance and coaching to the junior members of the scripting team within the Support and Services department.
• Provide analysis and interpretation of test results.
• Work closely with the customer in understanding requirements, identifying a strategy for meeting the customer needs, problem identification, analysis and re-creation.
• Design, develop & execute test configurations to cover functional, scalability, performance, system testing and characterization for L2-7 technologies including wireless solutions using Ixia Test Equipment and Applications.
• Work with Sales Managers and SEs to promote Ixia professional services to Ixia customers.
• Travel to deliver services on customer locations throughout the EMEA region from time to time.
• Percentage of travel is between 25%-40% percent of the time.
• Assist PS Project Managers during pre-sales process in preparing and reviewing
• Proposals, presentations and Statements of Work (SOW) for professional services engagements
• Perform day to day management of assigned projects, manage customer relationships and ensure customer delight.
• Interface with Ixia departments (support, engineering, product marketing) to resolve or work round issues in timely manner.
• Keep abreast of Product and Technology developments to ensure that latest solutions are used to enhance customer experience.
• 5 years of experience in IP Test and Measurement
• Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science or engineering background
• Customer facing experience and ability to manage relationships
• Project Management skills and proven experience in a similar position
• Excellent communication skills – ability to write documents to a high standard and present solutions to customers
• Strong background in data communications.
Expertise in two or more of the following:
L2/L3 technologies (Ethernet/IP).
Understanding of IP routing and MPLS Signaling protocols.
Exposure to L4/7 Applications.
Knowledge of Voice and Video technologies in IP networks.
Software development languages (C#, .NET)
Automation and scripting (TCL, Python, REST)