Senior PHP Engineer
A vizualizat 90% din aplicari in ultimele 30 de zile, in maximum 72 de ore
Senior (5-10 ani)
These roles are based in our Timisoara office, however during the current Covid-19 restrictions, all our staff are successfully working from home. Interviews will be held via video conference and the selected candidate will be able to commence their employment without any delay by working from home.
Responsible to (reporting relationship): Timisoara Site Lead
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Remuneration: Seopa offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Free private medical insurance.
- Free access to our nominated e-learning platform.
- Team building and company dinner events
- Sports plan
- Free fruit and drinks in the Timisoara office
- Opportunity to attend company conferences: in 2018 this was held in Madrid, and in 2019 it was held in Majorca
Location: Strada Maresal Constantin Prezan, 140 Timisoara,, Romania
This is an exciting opportunity for several Senior PHP Engineers to join our growing team in Timisoara. You will be an experienced senior engineer who specialises in Laravel, or a similar open-source PHP framework. With your team, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of our new and existing platforms. You will play a pivotal role in the development of significant new projects within the business, developing API interfaces, integrating existing systems with new architecture, helping to develop technical requirements and planning projects. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of teams within Seopa on our ever-evolving range of robust, reusable coding solutions and industry-leading interfaces.
Tasks will include:
- Developing Seopa’s leading edge web comparison systems.
- Ensuring that all developed software meets business requirements and follows Seopa standards and processes.
- Providing content for functional and technical documentation.
- Working across teams to help gather technical requirements and provide time and cost estimations for upcoming projects.
- Reviewing and constructively commenting on the software, testing and documentation of peers.
- Applying technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues.
- Working closely with the business and QA teams locally and globally.
General: You may be required to attend meetings and/or conferences which could involve some overseas travel.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree within the field of Computer Science, Informatics or similar.
- At least 5 years' experience of working with high traffic, high volume websites.
- At least 2 years' experience working with an open source PHP framework, preferably Laravel v5+.
- Expert knowledge of MySQL, an understanding of its latest versions and experience in query optimisation.
- An excellent working knowledge of HTML5.
- A good working knowledge of CSS3.
Experience with the following technologies:
- CSS preprocessing, such as SASS or LESS.
- ES6+, jQuery.
- Source control systems such as Git
- Jira, or similar project and issue management software
- Linux shell commands
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, and self-motivated to self-educate.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Responsible, thorough and pays attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and a strong team-player.
Must be eligible to permanently live and work in Romania without the need for a visa sponsorship.
Can identify with and commit to our company values: