Atos is a global leader in digital transformation withemployees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced IT professionals in application operation area or people with a strong desire to develop in this area for our location in Timisoara, Romania.
The person must have qualification and knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects - at least 1-year experience in Oracle, experience in productive environment, certification would be a plus.
For persons with desire to develop in this area we are looking for dedicated people, with self-development capabilities.
Most common assignments that we work with include:
• Create architecture templates and proof of concept for new services.
• Participating in projects as a database expert.
• Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues.
• Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools.
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security. • Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement.
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
• Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
• Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
• Maintaining archived data.
• Backing up and restoring databases.
• Contacting database vendor for technical support.
• Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.
• Performance and tuning.
• Education: Preferably Computer university degree or a similar qualification, any other university degree with background in IT area.
• Professional experience in:
➢ at least 1-year experience in Oracle database administration.
➢ Knowledge of ITIL Service Delivery and Support disciplines and methodologies is a plus.
➢ Oracle certification would be a plus.
• Social Skills:
➢ Very good communication abilities.
➢ Team spirit.
➢ Proactive and flexible.
➢ Customer oriented.
• Foreign Languages:
➢ Excellent English skills.
➢ German or French would be a plus.
What we offer:
We are a company that cares about employee satisfaction as well as company growth. Atos offers not only a challenging and exciting workplace, but also a rewarding work experience, with competitive compensation and benefits packages:
• Training and certifications: On-going In-depth training with current and emerging products and technologies in the respective Centre of Excellence;
• Flexible benefits: Medical program, Sports benefits, Lunch vouchers, Mobile phone, Laptop;
• Compensation: Competitive salary package and relocation bonus for candidates outside West Area;
• Extra vacation days
Join our dynamic team and you will find yourself in a multicultural and challenging environment where you will not only be using your skills and knowledge, but also expand and enrich your experience by participating in international projects.