6 Strada Maria Rosetti, București
We have a great opportunity for creative minded developers who are interested in working on cutting edge Internet technologies. Smart-x, and its international partners, is an innovative leader in areas such as:
- VR Technology
- Live Streaming
- Graph Databases
- Mobile Application Development
- Instant Messaging Platforms
- Payments system
- High traffic and low latency applications
With products used by millions of people daily that must be available 24/7 this represents a huge challenge and learning opportunity for the right person. Join us and play a big role in developing code that gets used!
Essential knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years experience in software development and object-oriented programming with focus on Java programming and Spring Framework;
- 3+ years of experience developing multithreaded applications;
- Experience with application servers such as Tomcat;
- Experience with Intellij IDE;
- Comfortable in English (spoken and written).
- University degree in computer science;
- Knowledge of big data related technologies;
- Practical experience in developing algorithms and data structures;
- Experience with high traffic / high load environments;
- Familiarity with technologies like Firebase, Cassandra, Wowza;
- Database skills (SQL DB);
- Analytical thinking;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Your main responsibilities:
- Create algorithms and design software which implements given functionality;
- Work on incrementally released projects;
- Launch features early and adapt in regards to user feedback;
- Develop Internet applications taking in consideration performance and stability criteria;
- Contribute to load balancing configurations, distributed servers and replicated databases;
- Ensure adherence to software development methodologies and standards/procedures.
We compensate your achievements and commitment with:
- Very competitive salary;
- Private medical plan - Business Plan at MedLife Clinic;
- Trainings & career development programs – in the country and abroad;
- Meal vouchers and well-stocked micro-kitchen in the office;
- Relaxing massage at the office;
- Free access to different sports fields – football, tennis – and friendly teammates to play with;
- Performance reviews and compensation based on your results, performance based bonus structure;
- Team buildings and company events – we find reasons to celebrate! It could be about our wins, birthdays, or simply for having good time together.
We have a well-structured organization, and we keep an engineering culture based on code-reviews and unit-tests. We use Scrum as a methodology and have implemented a mature Agile process. With us you can grow your computer science skills. We value the ability to get things done, and we offer great opportunities to:
- Work with some of the newest networking technologies and protocols;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Increase your depth of technical knowledge.
In our Bucharest office we offer a creative workplace focused on teamwork, product quality, and fun atmosphere. We have a very nice and comfortable downtown office, with a break area, outside space, fruits and different daily snacks. Flexible working hours are provided to support your work-life balance.