Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
engleză - avansat
Got a head full of ideas? Good!
We are looking for a Back-End Developer to join the Sports Engine team.
The Sports Engine is the beating heart of the whole OddsMatrix system: all the betting odds transactions are flowing through the Sports Engine. It is composed of several distributed modules which support three main functions: data collection, data processing, data publication.
Sports Engine has soft real time constraints: end to end time for each transaction must be less than 1 second.
Sports Engine has availability constraints: high availability is a must and we are striving for up-time measured in months. If the Sports Engine is down, all the other components of the OddsMatrix system become unusable.
Sports Engine is an evolving system: We must keep the pace with an ever-increasing number of betting odds. In the last couple of years, the number of odds doubled, and we are preparing for a similar increase in the future. Related, on peaks, we reach several thousand transactions per second.
On this job, you will:
- Think of and write technical specifications.
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of new modules.
- Add features to the existing modules.
- Tune the applications when they do not abide by the real time constraints.
- Add unit and functional tests wherever you feel they are needed.
- Run refactoring sessions when needed. (not everything is perfect).
- Work closely with your colleagues (many times in pair programming).
- Code review your colleagues work.
- Enhance your technical and team working skills.
- Automatize deployment processes.
We are searching for people:
- Passionate about developing software and in love with unit and functional testing.
- Committed to high level of quality.
- Pro-active and pragmatic.
- Five years or more professional experience as a Java SE software developer.
- Strong experience and knowledge of object oriented software design.
- Strong knowledge of data structures.
- Strong experience with multi-threaded environments.
- Experience with Junit/ TestNG.
- Experience with JDBC, SQL/MySQL.
- Experience with high scalable software and high performing components is a plus.
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Performance Tuning & Optimization (profilers, garbage collection tuning) is a plus.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible is a plus.
- Foreign languages: fluent in English
Perks and benefits
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square
- Flexible schedule
- Private Medical Subscription
- Daily Catered Lunch
- Our own in-house gym, health & well-being programs
- Bookster subscription & Books corner (online and offline)
- Fun corner: pool, ping pong table, PS4, lots of board games
- Internal & external training
- Team Activities, Friday Bars, Summer Party & Christmas Party (we like to ‘Work hard, party harder’)
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company
- Anniversary Gifts
- Fruits Tuesday