Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
15-17 Bulevardul Ion Mihalache, București
Responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of tax practice in EY Romania. Also responsible for building a team of tax consultants working under him/her on these assignments.
- Understanding of the client’s business and industry by recognizing business trends and emerging tax practices and policies relevant to clients.
- Works with the client and engagement team to understand the client’s business and tax/VAT needs, provides practical implementable solutions and supports and takes ownership for the implementation of these recommendations.
- Works with the tax team to develop marketing/sales strategies and implementing them and also to develop and customize relevant/practical methodologies in the tax area for the Romanian market.
- Utilizes and encourages the application of firm wide methodologies and tools including computer based software solutions.
- Prepares working papers, and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports).
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assists them in designing and implementing individual development plans. Develops and coaches people as his/her primary leadership style.
- Ensures proper approval and sign-off of the contracts within the firm by the Partner/Manager and with the client before beginning any engagement; escalates any quality issues to the practice and engagement partners and managers proactively and ensuring these issues are addressed at the earliest.
- Demonstrates functional expertise esp. in the area of indirect taxes.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Economics (. Accounting/Finance)
- At least 3 years of experience working as a consultant or as a tax professional in the industry
- Understanding of Romanian accounting standards and rules
- Very good technical and practical understanding of VAT (both at a Romanian and EU level, including cases of the European Court of Justice with respect to VAT)
- Excellent language skills in Romanian and English. Additional language skills nice to have
- Skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint