Senior Expert Application & Technology
Senior (5-10 ani), Executive (>10 ani)
The job holder is accountable for adapting/harmonizing hardware and software solutions and operating systems, also existing and designed applications for real or estimated needs of the users having as scope to fullfil the requirmenets related to the level of satisfaction.
- Ensures efficient delivery of back-up, restore and recovery services to OMV Group for IT-OT equipment, standard and non-standard; guides and advises the internal and external technical resources for project and application support.
- Adapts/harmonizes harware and software solution and operating systems for IT-OT equipments
- Adapts/harmonizes existing or designed applictions for the real or estimated needs of the users
- Responsible to highlight the security risks from software and hardware perspective.
- Provides help/support for asset inventory. All the actions are done only in collaboration with the business delegate, usually the Plant Manager or his deputy.
- Coordinates and implements technical delivery activities and ensures usage of the state-of-the-art technologies and up to date system landscapes for business applications to increase cost efficiency and secure daily business operations. Acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients.
- Advises project managers, service managers and business consultants regarding technical questions and possible solutions. Reports to the team lead and department manager or project managers, esp. on defined KPIs, including analysis or root cause analysis in case of technical system failures.
- Ensures efficient delivery of application services to OMV Group; guides and advises the internal and external technical resources for project and application support.
- Continuously works on technical and innovative improvement of application services and systems as well as maintains technical documentation according to the company’s standards.
- Configures and implements technical changes and enhancements of existing developments according to business requirements ensuring high quality and proper data consistency.
- Accountable for ensuring the back-up of the entire content for OT equipments (desktops, powerdesktops, laptops, PLC, etc.) from Petrom assets/facilities, using specilized tools (. Acronis, Clonezilla, SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator, Windows back-up/restore, etc).
- Accountable for testing the back-up on a different hardware with the scope of validating the viability of the back-up.
- Accountable for storing the back-up on the dedicated server only after the tests are done successfully.
- Responsible for reporting his activities to the business and LAS team/STSU department.
- Single point of contact for asset inventory and back-up/restore/recovery activities from LAS team.
- Responsible for planning the asset inventory and back-up/restore/recovery activities together with business delegate.
- University degree Master / Diploma IT Management. A professional lead with extensive knowledge across own discipline. Has excellent understanding of the business context, all interfaces and interdependencies and coordinates complex workflows with other disciplines. Has knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of systems, peripheral devices, and the most sophisticated programming techniques.
Excellent communication and intercultural skills, both verbal and written preferably in English, German is helpful.
Proven ability to engage successfully with senior executives and business leaders to understand and translate business requirements into technical strategies and architectures
Proficiency to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
Experience in designing, integrating, and managing complex solutions of back-up/restore/recovery
Coordination and leadership experience (including people-, budget-, results- and quality responsibilities)
Experience in working in a shared services organisation represents an advantage
Experience in the energy business represents an advantage