Senior Embedded Software Applications Engineer
Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
4 Bulevardul General Vasile Milea, București
Microchip Technology is looking for a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer to expand its MCU Applications department in Bucharest, Romania.
The candidate will be part of a team responsible with the design and implementation of a wide range of applications, in embedded C.
He/She should ideally have experience in working on firmware development or/and embedded software solutions, developed under a software process.
The candidate’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop applications in the IoT domain enabling edge connectivity (LoRaWAN, BLE, TCP/IP), intelligent lighting (DALI), with focus on connectivity, sensor data acquisition, control, security and low power.
- Create embedded systems design, software development and integration, creating Proofs of Concept and demo applications, using AVR and PIC microcontrollers;
- Create application notes, getting started documents, and demonstration software that helps customer product development;
- Develop and present technical training to customers, FAEs, CAEs and field sales for newly developed application notes and application libraries.
- Work with customers to design and develop applications for Microchip microcontrollers;
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Automatics or Electrical Engineering;
- 5+ years of professional experience in software design and firmware development experience (Embedded C);
- Knowledge and expertise working on microcontroller based systems designs (ARM, AVR, PIC etc.);
- Experience with versioning control systems (Git, BitBucket, Subversion etc.)
- Work experience following Software Development Life Cycle processes (. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English, as well as technical language;
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed to provide on-site support for our customers;
- Hardware debug, low-power and low memory footprint optimization;
- 8bit microcontroller (PIC or AVR) experience would be an advantage;
- Experience with the Agile development workflow;
The job is located in BUCHAREST!
Only suitable candidates will be considered for interview!
Microchip Romania Team welcomes you!! Come and be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team with a free communication style and a challenging work environment. We offer you the opportunity to interact with highly skilled professionals globally, excellent compensation package and great career opportunities in a US based multinational company, established and fast growing in Romania.