About our client
Our client is a technology company that develops leading edge software specifically for the Travel & Hospitality industry and is looking to expand its team.
This pivotal role reports directly to our client’s Delivery Director and requires a proactive go-getter with exacting standards and who is passionate about creating reusable, scalable and maintainable software architecture on PHP and related frameworks. Personal attributes required include: a passion about technology, talent, mental agility, high standards and meticulous attention to detail.
The primary focus will be on designing the software based on the Business / Functional Requirements and overseeing the implementation of it according to the design.
• Defining the overall technical architecture for the proposed solution;
• Defining the technical requirements for the implementation of the proposed solution;
• Assessing solution requirements and assisting in creating production estimates;
• Delivering platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices;
• Using object oriented analysis and design to turn pre-agreed development tasks and requirements into scalable architecture;
• Documentation of certain key areas of the system;
• Running regular code reviews with developers;
• Report on progress in tech-team meetings;
• Write “clean”, well designed code;
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
• Follow industry best practices;
• Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web services based applications.
Functional / Technical Skills
The key competencies for this position are:
• Very good command of the English language both written and spoken;
• Strong OO Analysis & Design;
• Understanding of common design patterns;
• Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous technical documentation;
• Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL): writing complex queries, optimizing query execution, schema definition;
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
• Team player.
• At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on object oriented PHP and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments;
• Experience in designing, developing, and integrating RESTful web services and APIs;
• Experience with Laravel PHP Framework is a plus.