Who we are:
youngculture is part of NSM Engineering, a Swiss software engineering group of companies, which provides near-shore services for aviation, Fintech, eCommerce and other sectors. Its headquarters are in Zurich and it has its own development centers in Serbia (Belgrade, Nis) and Romania (Iasi).
With the approach to deliver top quality software solutions for our international customers we are looking for motivated new colleagues, to join our growing Iasi software engineering team in the following position:
Senior Dev Ops Engineers
Be part of our agile team engaged in the development of a global platform for content and eCommerce using the latest enterprise technologies and innovative micro-services architecture, to support the worldwide provision of modern education.
You will contribute with your expertise to improve deployment time and manage processes of instances, users, software configuration and testing. Implement automated tools for build, configuration management, continuous integration, deployment and monitoring, according to the highest standards and best practices. Continuously improve existing infrastructure towards automation, stability, scalability and security goals, design and implement infrastructure on AWS cloud.
Find simple, elegant, powerful and pragmatic solutions to complex problems, while engaging with application development, architecture and infrastructure teams to make informed, collaborative technical decisions.
This role does not imply working in shifts nor providing on-call support.
Who we are looking for:
Our aim is to setup a core Dev Ops team of three engineers, whose combined expertise should cover the following key technical competences:
- System skills:
- Significant, practical experience with configuration and build management automation in AWS EC2, specifically with Puppet and Terraform
- Deep understanding of networking, load balancing and storage technologies in a cloud environment like AWS EC2 (S3, ELBs, VPCs, SQS, SES, Lambda, etc)
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu or Uchiwa, and cloud-based site-availability solutions like PagerDuty or Pingdom
- Analytic tools like New Relic, Telegraph, InfluxDB
- Integration skills:
- Experience with the deployment of enterprise grade web content management systems and/or eCommerce applications
- Previous work with Solr, MongoDB and MySQL, or other similar technologies
- Practical, hands-on experience implementing Elastic Stack (LogStash, ElasticSearch, Kibana) and integrating various tools (eg. alerts from LogStash via Sensu or Nagios, alerts from New Relic)
- Development skills:
- Significant experience with current coding/scripting skills (Ruby, Perl, Python, Java, especially SpringBoot and Microservices applications)
- Experience with Continuous Integrations processes and tools, specifically with Jenkins and its plugins, artifacts built as RPMs for automated deployment, Nexus or Artifactory
- Experience with version controls systems (VCS) such as Git, BitBucket, GitHub and the related concepts of Pull Requests and branching strategies best practices.
Our ideal future colleagues should also have:
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of professional experience, with hands-on expertise on deployment and running processes of Java web applications on Unix/Linux environments.
- Excellent understanding of Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and best practices. Strong quality focus
- Open and friendly personality, as well as drive, initiative, problem-solving mindset, excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Availability for short abroad business trips.
What we offer:
- Challenging projects in a highly professional, but also relaxed, collaborative and supportive environment
- Working in small and excellently skilled teams
- Opportunity for long term professional growth within our development center
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Travel opportunities to European countries
- Work – life balanced schedule
- Respect and support to your professional, family and personal goals.
Working location: Iasi, Romania
While we appreciate everyone’s interest in youngculture’s openings, notice that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Your application will be treated strictly confidential.