Azets is looking for a Senior Database Administrator who loves the challenge of solving problems with multiple layers of complexity to join our Operations team in Timisoara. This position is a new one in the company, as we are in-housing a position that was previously bought from an external partner. As such, the person we hire will be part of defining a new IT infrastructure and policies on the database side as we migrate from a traditional on-premise situation over to the public cloud.
The team which you will be part of is divided between Norway and Romania, and the working language is English. You will be working in a dynamic team with other highly skilled professionals.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Ensure high availability and backup of production databases
- Installation, provisioning, and configuration of new databases
- Performance diagnosis and tuning
- Provide plans for growth and expansion
- Provide support for issue diagnosis and problem resolution
- Implements and maintains database security through established security procedures
- Be the subject matter expert on database development and tuning best practices
- Database migrations
- Help deploy/support feature-functionality
- Design and implement back-up plans
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant certifications
- 5+ Years of MSSQL Database Administration
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Replication, Transact-SQL, and other related tools
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with SQL Server Clustering, Availability Groups, Replication and Log Shipping
- Ability to create and maintain stored procedures
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Good Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- MCSA or MCP certified is preferred
- Public Cloud knowledge would be a plus (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge to other nosql or relational databases is also a plus (Elasticsearch, Snowflake, or others)
Required personal skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English to communicate with the different project groups
- Time management skills with ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Well-structured and quality focused attitude
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- A very financial sound and competitive salary
- A rapidly growing and profitable work place that takes good care of employees
- Possibility to participate in various training programs and conferences (remote or on-site)
- Travel opportunities: the team gathers in different locations for planning, training and team building activities
- Percentages of time allocated to personal projects that have the purpose to improve our systems
- Modern technology, work methods and tools
- Private medical and pension insurance, 13th salary, sport program
Azets offers work opportunities in a large Northern European company, with stable finances, high growth and high profitability. You will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled cross country team and collaborate internationally on a daily basis. You will also have competent colleagues in our office in Timisoara, who will help you find solutions, deliver our projects and celebrate together when we succeed.
The working location is in Timisoara and some travel will be required. Azets offers equal opportunities based on skills and merit.
Azets, represented in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Romania, is a technology driven knowledge company with Nordic roots that provides flexible, financial and administrative services to a wide range of offer a complete suite of accounting, payroll and financial advisory services, maintaining a client-centric, customer-first culture, acting as a trusted business adviser and global growth expert.
If you are qualified for this position, submit your CV now for immediate consideration!
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted!