Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive is a growing organization with 600 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Data Analyst will join Sustainalytics’ Digital Operations team, which is responsible for managing key information that underpins our research and data products. We are in search of an individual with expertise in data management and specific experience working with financial markets data, including securities reference data and fundamental financial data. The successful candidate will work closely with a range of stakeholders to build data management processes that ensure data quality and accessibility.
- Build data management processes that ensure the high-quality management of financial, market, and company data in our internal databases
- Work closely with digital platform development teams to build tools that automate and facilitate these processes
- Work with our product managers to identify, incorporate, and manage processes that ingest and update third-party and proprietary information
- Collaborate with the operational sub-teams to innovate the way we deliver data in order to achieve operational excellence.
- Deal with, and build an in-depth understanding of our 3rd party, integrated data, supplier, this will include understanding their approach and relaying their approach about company data to internal stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate insights, from complex data, and technical approaches, to our cross-functional teams and clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives
- Senior level understanding of Capital Markets, general financial markets, with fixed income market knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the services industry (preferably the financial service industry in combination with the SRI/RI market);
- In-depth knowledge and use of Databases and Datawarehouse purpose/principles
- Hands-on knowledge and use of data management and data science technologies: ., Python, R, SQL
- Financial Markets Analysis reporting, with ability to interpret data and financial market changes
- Proficient business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); good knowledge of MS Power BI
Additionally, any of the following qualifications/skills would be a plus:
- An Undergraduate, or postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as: Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, or Development Economics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Great Team player
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines and high-quality standards;
- Flexible mindset; adaptable to a constantly shifting work environment;
- Passion about global sustainability issues like environment protection or human rights.
- Competitive compensation package;
- Training budget at your disposal for your professional development (certifications, conferences, trainings);
- Medical benefits;
- Partial reimbursement of gym subscription;
- Bonus based on your performance;
- Interesting career development options in a very innovative market;
- Dynamic, professional, flexible and friendly work environment with close collaboration with international teams;
- New and modern fitted office in Timisoara city center.
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities, upon request.