With over 4k employees, Cegeka is one of the most important ICT providers in BeNeLux. We develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructures for medium-sized and large organizations in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics and financial sectors.
As well as the Belgian domestic market, Cegeka also has branches in The Netherlands, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Poland and Romania, where we have subsidiary companies for remote management and software development.
Cegeka has a long-term collaboration with NEC Enterprise Communications Technology, working on software applications in the telecommunications sector. We are looking for a software developer to join one of our NEC development teams
Our mission is to develop a highly available and scalable workflow system/platform that integrates several products made by NEC with 3rd party applications.
The system is intended to work both on-premises and in a cloud-based uses Linux as operating system with Docker containers managed via Docker Swarm. For server side processing the development is done primarily in .Net Core, using C# as programming language. The user interface is written in the latest Angular.
We are using Agile with SCRUM as methodology, with distributed teams from United States, Romania and the Netherlands.
What you will do:
- Improve on the implemented solution for advanced orchestration and automation across on-premise and public cloud
- Architect microservices, for new services or to replace traditional monolithic services
- Come up with architectural improvements
- Mentor colleagues to expand their technical skills with Linux, containers, and cloud patterns
- Make sure the delivered functionality meets internal quality standards and matches the definition of done criteria;
What you need to succeed:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in designing and building highly available applications
- Experience building applications that utilize load balancing, containers, and microservices
- Good knowledge of C#, preferably in .NET Core
- Experience using some of the following is a plus: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Experience with OpenShift () is a plus
- Strong collaboration and communication abilities (English, both verbal and writte
What you need to be:
- Graduate of Computer Science/Cybernetics/Information Technology/Electronics College
- Willing to work as part of a team of developers, using SCRUM methodology
- Learning-oriented person
- Adaptable to a changing environment
What we offer:
- Headquarters in the center of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
- Continuous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban, coding oriented_TDD Kata)
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
- Meal tickets
- Free Gym Subscription- fitness, aerobic, swimming pool (according to internal policies)
- Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, boardgames, X-box)
- Long term career development programs
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots