Senior Accountant – on behalf of our client
Senior (5-10 ani)
What are we looking for?
On behalf of our client, an international, research-based, pharmaceutical company with over 80 years of experience, we are now searching for a Senior Accountant.
Role and responsibilities
Working together with the Finance & Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for day to day accounting activities. To be successful in this role, you should have solid knowledge and experience with accounting processes, personal drive and proactivity.
- Daily accounting activities: invoice booking, bank and cash bookings.
- Month closing activities, including tax returns, balance sheet, re-evaluation of foreign currency accounts. settlements; accruals bookings; checking the final monthly balance.
- Registering payments in the bank for approvals and signatures.
- Operating the travel expense system: cash advances for employees/ checking the related monthly documents. submitted by the company’s employees and verifying alignment with local procedures.
- Maintaining and bookkeeping of petty cash in RON and foreign currency and monthly re-evaluation.
- Reconciliation of balances for suppliers.
- Providing support for the VAT recovery process.
- Providing support for checking of daily compliance with business and work procedures implemented in the company.
- Preparing and submitting fiscal declarations as per Romanian fiscal regulations.
- Carrying out logistics tasks, communication with the group and monthly stock reports.
- Offering support during yearly audits.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports upon request.
- Participating in relevant training in order to strengthen and develop new abilities.
- Higher education in Economics/ Accounting.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting.
- Solid, up to date knowledge of statutory accounting and fiscal legislation.
- Experience with operating an ERP system. SAP user knowledge will constitute an advantage.
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently in English – advanced level.
- Open and positive attitude.
- Result oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail; risk awareness.
Confidentiality will be ensured to protect the interests of the applicants.
Only preselected candidates will be invited to an interview.