Senior Accountant | FMCG Industry - Nestle Romania
The Senior Accountant has a key role within the Accounting department of Nestle Romania, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the accounting and controlling team, while also interacting with internal/ external stakeholders (auditors, authorities, the company's business community).
- Contribution to the accounting period-end closing process (monthly, quarterly and annual);
- Preparation and reconciliation of sub-ledgers in SAP, including checking and clearing of GL open items within Accounting Operation stream;
- Contribution to the preparation of the Statutory Accounts ( in charge with Romanian Accounting Standards adjustments, Local Trial Balance preparation and reconciliation);
- Assists with annual statutory external audit process;
- Makes regularly analysis of the accounting, controls policies/ standard routines and proposes improvements;
- Acts as project manager for the accounting team, if required;
- Continuously keeps up to date about the latest statutory accounting regulations, requirements and practice;
- Works closely with Shared Service Center to achieve efficiency and reduce non-value adding activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years hands-on experience in Romanian accounting, in a similar position within a multinational company;
- Previous experience of working with SAP and Excel is mandatory;
- Comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities and with managing change whenever is required;
- The ability to coordinate, prioritize and plan work efficiently in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong written and oral Romanian and English communication skills and ability to communicate with personnel having different levels of financial understanding;
- Romanian Tax experience is considered a plus;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting is a must, ACCA student/ membership is a plus;
- Leadership skills, team management is advantageous.