Seafreight Export Operator (m/f)
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for an Seafreight Export Operator to carry out the daily operations in Seafreight Department.
We aim to find the right solutions for our customers to provide high quality services and meet their requirements, provide excellent customer service on a daily basis to meet and exceed requirements from operational perspective..
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Receive and validate customer order
- Request / handle necessary documents to support export of goods
- Shipment routing
- Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
- Answer all customer enquires in accordance with standard policy
- Coordinate with K+N destination office and customer for order follow-up
- Monitor and update shipment status
- Proactive response to service issues
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, teams, abroad offices and subcontractors
- Produce correct and timely billing and ensure correct cost and profit are updated
- Complete cost accrual and keep correct status of the shipment in the system
- File closing in accordance with K+N guidelines
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, . phone, email, visit
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Work with sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
- Other duties as requested
- Exception handling by consulting with supervisor
- Comply with all QSHE policies & guidelines;
- Strictly adhere to all QSHE directives (incl. Code of Conduct, Ethical Behavior, FCPA etc.).
Experience and skills:
- Work experience of min. 6 months
- Relevant work experience in similar position in Seafreight - advantage
- Customer service approach
- Cost/ profit oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- English Language (reading, writing, speaking)
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: University Degree, preferably in technical field
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good problem solving and negotiations skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Team player
- Time management
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel you can demonstrate your personal and professional attributes. And you will have countless opportunities for further development. Benefit from the comprehensive offers provided by a global market leader and contribute your ideas on how we can continue to get a little better every day. You can be sure: Your opinion counts.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the Seafreight, Airfreight, Contract Logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Learn more >>
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.