Seafreight Export Manager (Buh ZS-E) (m/f)
Purpose of the position
The role is to increase the department’s volumes and profitability by broadening its horizons and reaching customers and suppliers from different verticals.
While doing so, the Seafreight Export Manager (Buh ZS-E) ensures that the existing customers are retained. Thus, Buh ZS-E’s responsibilities are of great significance to reaching business expansion targets, as well as to increasing the profit margins.
Key Responsibilities of Buh ZS-E
The Seafreight Export Manager is responsible for Export business growth by generating and enhancing the Export products of the Seafreight Department. This person makes sure that the products are in line with the market by analyzing the trends of the customers and developing a strategy together with Buh ZS to meet the customers’ needs.
What you will need to handle:
1. To ensure that all the team activities are carried out within the budget and the given time scales and that target volumes are achieved, while respecting the provisions of the KN Code of Conduct and other internal policies.
2. To take initiative and efforts to develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the internal processes and activities.
3. To make sure that the existing customers are retained and maintained, while developing the new customers together with Buh ZS and the Sales team.
4. To identify new business opportunities together with Buh ZS and the Sales team.
5. To plan, elaborate, develop and implement different business solutions by researching the customers’ needs and requirements.
6. To work with the Sales team on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
7. To support the Financial Controller by ensuring that all shipment order files are invoiced and that costs are inserted in correct manner, enabling closing of the files in due time.
8. To monitor and ensure that the operational KPI’s are met.
9. To constantly review the Export team members’ performance, monitor and guide the people through their work, provide constructive feedback, thus creating a motivating working environment that encourages professional development.
10. To coordinate the pricing and purchasing strategies by effective negotiation, consequently assisting in the overall growth and business development.
11. To carry out market research, conduct surveys and study the competitors in the FCL Export market segment.
12. To fulfill additional tasks as per request of Buh ZS and KN’s management.
13. Strictly adhere to all QSHE directives (incl. Code of Conduct, Ethical Behavior, etc.).
An educational background in Economics, Technical Studies, Business Administration and Management would prove to be beneficial.
If it backed by relevant work experience, would get you closer to getting on board.
Proficiency in Romanian, as well as English and other foreign languages would definitely prove to be an added advantage.
If you are aspiring to become the Seafreight Export Manager, it is essential that you should have passion and ability to cope with complex situations.
Being our ZS-E demands that you have:
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne+Nagel you can demonstrate your personal and professional attributes. And you will have countless opportunities for further development. Benefit from the comprehensive offers provided by a global market leader and contribute your ideas on how we can continue to get a little better every day. You can be sure: Your opinion counts.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the Seafreight, Airfreight, Contract Logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at
Learn more >>
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.