Science Teacher Primary & Middle School
A vizualizat 90% din aplicari in ultimele 30 de zile, in maximum 72 de ore
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
engleză - avansat
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school's policies under the direction of the Head of Department and Academic Quality Controller.
To be self-motivated professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development, and foster students who achieve high standards.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- Plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of the pupils in their class(es).
- Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the use of a varied selection of resources
- Create displays to encourage a positive learning environment and motivate pupils to develop independent learning.
- Set tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Ensure students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills, and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Maintain high levels of discipline and respect between pupils and staff; promote an understanding of the school’s rules and values; safeguard health and safety; and develop relationships with and between pupils conducive to optimum learning.
- Evaluate and review continually own teaching methods and practices, materials and schemes of work, and initiate changes as appropriate.
- Provide and contribute to informative verbal and written assessments, reports and references relating to the development of learning of individual pupils and groups of pupils.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting;
- Assessing how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- marking and monitoring students' work and set targets for progress;
- assessing and recording students' progress systematically and keeping records to check that work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning, and recognize the level of student achievement;
- undertaking assessment of students as requested by examination bodies and departmental and school procedures.
Other Professional Requirements
- Bachelor /Master Degree in teaching Biology, Chemistry or in a specialized subject with a certificate in Education
- Proven Experience as a teacher (references are required)
- excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Set a good example at all time adopting a professional appearance and being culturally sensitive and professional both in the school and the community.
- Act as a consistent role model to all students providing them with advice, knowledge and mentorship that extends beyond the delivery of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to students and their learning and development
- Possess good oral and written communication skills and be a good communicator, who is accessible to pupils and colleagues;
- Organize and take part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department, and students;
- Prioritize, organize and manage time effectively
- Use a creative approach to curriculum and co-curriculum matters
- Be approachable, have a sense of humor and lead by example
- satisfactory health record and criminal record
Cambridge School of Bucharest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.