Sales Tax Accountant
Job Description This position is responsible for monthly transaction tax compliance responsibilities for the . This position assists with sales/use/B&O tax compliance, business license compliance, preparing journal entries, assisting with customer exemption certificate management, assisting US based staff with transaction tax audits, reconciling tax related accounts for month end closing procedures, performing the monthly use tax review, maintaining excellent internal/external customer service, assisting with tax software maintenance, and other ad hoc continuous improvement projects as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monthly transaction tax compliance data preparation and review of 3rd party return preparers
• Maintaining business licenses
• Maintaining customer tax exemption certificates
• Researching tax laws for accurate compliance and monthly reporting
• Maintaining tax automation software to ensure compliance accuracy
• Transaction tax audit defense
• Reviewing purchasing data and preparing journal entries for maintaining compliance accuracy
• Preparing and supporting transaction tax refund claims
• Assisting with various projects as assigned
• 2 to 5 years of experience with finance and accounting.
• 2 to 5 years of experience preparing returns working with complex datasets including Oracle and Vertex data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience researching tax laws and regulations using tax research engines.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timely filing and precision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team member
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel is a requirement.
• Experience with G/L account reconciliations preferred