Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like BelVita, Milka, and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ overpeople worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
We are looking for a Sales Controlling Analyst to join our team. The position is responsible to delivering financial analysis and reporting to the management and thus to support the delivery of the commitments of the Sales company. This includes but is not limited to discounts reporting, revenue estimations, actual achievement reporting, Sales activities financial planning and post-evaluations.
The Sales Controlling Analyst is actively engaged in the month-end closing process, working closely with our Third-party counterparts in ensuring we have correct data in all of our financial , the position supports the monthly planning process (IBP) as well as the official financial forecast cycles in ensuring input from stakeholders is received on time and with proper quality.
Other key responsibilities
Conduct closing process:
1) Ensure that data in SAP accurately reflects recognised revenue as well as trade spend by customer.
2) Ensure in cooperation with our Third-party that the systems reconcile. In case of discrepancies between the systems, follow up until resolution in line with the closing timelines. Ensure that data is available for reporting according to agreed timelines and coordinate activities to be performed by Third-party. Perform data submissions in line with the corporate timetable.
Planning cycles: has an active role in the official financial planning cycles (AC, May Forecast, September Forecast, etc) and is accountable for operational planning process (Customer planning) and the monthly IBP cycles :
1) Cooperate with commercial functions toward alignment of the main KPIs of the Sales company: Volumes, Gross value, Gross to Net, Net Revenue and EVA pricing (Financial plans/IBP/Customer plans)
2) Coordinate meetings with stakeholders in the different processes
3) Support Category finance analysts by providing local finance inputs and align with commercial departments, as needed (Financial plans/IBP)
4) Template preparation/reports update
5) Ensures correct data are uploaded by Third-party in IBP tool. Follows up in case of any deviations in according with timeline.
6) Monthly Net Revenue estimation - collect the information on NR outlook by customer vs the approved targets and follow up on the deviations if appropriate. Perform total country NR calculation updated with category and product mix expectation until end of the month.
Reporting and Analysis: deliver reporting from the different finance systems on a regular basis to support the decision making process and the achievement of the commitments of the Sales Company. Develop reports that are easy to use and navigate and bring clarity on the drivers for deviations behind plan with special focus on Trade spend. Provide management with detailed information on business performance and outlook and propose actions to bridge gaps or exploit opportunities. Deliver ad hoc reporting in coordination with other stakeholders in order to facilitate understanding of business results. Actively participate in additional / mitigation activities approval process – calculate the NR, NR/kg and ROI of the proposed activities and provide the bigger picture vs the latest commitment. Also, provide total country / customer impact on overall spending in terms of GtN and pricing.
Compliance: comply with Mondelez policies and procedures as well as statutory legislation to guarantee reliability of financial reporting. Safeguard compliance with internal and external requirements in raising awareness on the topic with other departments and act as first point of contact in case of questions.
What we offer:
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits program.