. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughlypeople. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
Romania Accounting Manager
Maersk Romania is looking for a driven professional with a strong hands-on full accounting & financial reporting as well as prior management experience. In this role you help shape the local finance process delivery for Maersk and APM Terminals entities in Romania. The role demands both strong operational finance knowledge and practice as well as mentoring and leadership skills.
• Managing and maintaining company’s financial plans, policies and procedures, internal control and financial practices
• Ensuring provision of reliable and relevant financial information on a timely basis, delivery of quality rolling forecast, and interpretation of the financial statements to assist decision-making
• Delivering insightful business analysis to improve company financial performance in order to achieve company’s objectives
• Acting as business partner to operation and commercial functions by providing advice and positive challenges to support good decision making
• Supporting any relevant parties to ensure control of budget in terms of revenue achievement and spending
• Handle all aspects of cash management including cash flow forecast and banking
• Monitoring and implementing operation process improvement for financial activities including but not limited to collection and payment etc.
• Managing company’s financial accounting activities such as month-end closing, year-end closing, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and tax compliance
• Ensuring tax compliance and correct and timely Withholding tax, VAT, Corporate Tax and transfer pricing filing to local authorities
• Managing relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders eg. head office, external auditors, bankers, insurance company etc.
• Driving projects as assigned by the CFO as project leader. Such projects might be of primary financial-and/or wider business oriented nature
• Assisting the team in day to day decisions
• Performing related duties as assigned / required
• A financial educational background as a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or similar, a Chartered Accountant certification is a strong advantage.
• Prior proven experience with full accounting and financial reporting, 6 years minimum, including minimum 2 in a similar function or in a consulting firm.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Preferably experience in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
• Analytical mindset
• Ability to productively address complex issues
• Being proactive in investigation & research
• Handling most situations independently and taking relevant initiatives
• Operating within procedures, policies and practices
• Understanding the overall nature of business and the interdependencies between own and other functions.
• Providing support for decisions within the team and across the business
• Teamwork: ability to collaborate on tasks and use synergies in other functions
• Fluency in English
• Valid right to live and work in Romania
• Knowledge of both Romanian GAAP and IFRS
• Ability to stay cool under pressure and deal efficiently with ambiguity
• Ability to manage relationships remotely and with different cultures
• Ability to handle relationship with local authorities
• As an Accounting Manager, you will work together with a pool of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment
• You will get early empowerment and senior management exposure
• You will join a diverse organization with a lot of future career opportunities for high performers