FinTask has partnered with a fast growing manufacturing company to identify a company COO to join their team. The opportunity requires a like minded professional to bring their expertise and be part of the Top Senior Management team. As Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will oversee the long term vision and growth strategies of such products and services as well as supporting and leading the greater operations on a daily basis.
Why this Opportunity?
At high level this will involve your overseeing supply chain management, production, logistics and distribution across the regional organization, embracing full Profit & Loss accountabilities whilst continuing to build the regional logistics network to support international expansion and enhance customer engagement. You will provide Operational Leadership and Management to ensure accurate operational controls, measurement and reporting systems to support a safe, effective and reliable operations.
• The Growth: 30M -> 100M Euros Company’s growing exponential and operating at a record pace.
• Opportunity: Further to this the COO will also be responsible for: Implementing and managing the operational budget; Preparing, managing and communicating the operational strategy in support of the overarching company strategy; Reviewing, developing and measuring key metrics for the operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with top management, the COO will actively seek creative supply solutions to optimize cost and value equation.
• Develop relationships in the marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes which may impact various business management programs as it relates to pricing trends and new products.
• Add value to the senior management team. Be an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
• Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities impacting product categories.
• Develop and meet inventory goals for the company which effectively balances cash-flow,product lead-times, and inventory turn rates.
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
• Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
• Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and have considered all cost variables, including the unbundling of freight. Work with transportation in determining optimal delivery terms, rates, and freight class.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability,reliability, production, and distribution capabilities, transportation cost, and supplier's reputation and performance history.
• Enhance supplier development by communicating performance standards, developing joint improvement initiatives, and actively soliciting formal feedback.
• Negotiate resolution with suppliers relative to quality and service issues. Provide feedback to senior level representatives of suppliers on quality and delivery performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
• Utilize strategic sourcing tools to sustain continuous cost reduction initiatives.
• Assist in the development of a distribution infrastructure that supports our clients in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Represent a professional, respectful, and courteous manner when interacting with co-workers,members, and suppliers. Team work skills are critical.
• Promote the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
• Ensure supply contingency plans and strategy are up-to date and easily activated in the event primary suppliers are unable to perform as required.
• The position will require domestic and International travel approximately 30% of the time.
• Regional Supply Chain Management experience is required
• Country knowledge experience : Czech, Germany, Austria, France
• German language – professional working experience