Purpose of the role:
Develops, uses, adapts, configures, tests and updates applications (ex: QA Compliance Suite) used by an international telecom company Technology Information Services.
Develops and coordinates scripts/software for extending the functionality of IT solutions or for automating the recurring activities. within the international telecom company Technology Information Services.
Provides active support and work with other IT teams within the international telecom company for delivering of new software products intervening in the chain of new product development (design, software development, software installation, software testing).
Maintains and implements constantly new features using software database and Web development technologies in order to increase the efficiency and align the applications to the latest standards / IT internal procedures for tests acceptance.
Provides active support for all the stages within the new IT projects including defining, planning, analyzing, estimating and establishing the priorities and ensure the implementation of the respective software solution.
Ensures, in conformity with operational, architectural and security standards, acceptance tests for all the IT infrastructure components and for all the nontechnical components (SLA, CMDB, etc.) necessary for implementing new services or for services decommissioning.
Tracks changes in the technological environment, applies the Group Technology standards and tests new technologies/updates from the operational, architectural and security environments, in order to implement them as new QA standards which will ensure that the most recent and efficient available standards are applied.
Comprehends the business requests, transposes them in technical requirements applicable to specific QA tools and requests correction activities from Build and Delivery.
Ensures support for acceptance tests for projects at high quality and efficiency standards and provides consulting activities to customers.
Ensures a continuous and efficient operation from the cost effective point of view for all IT infrastructure services through an improvement process (CSI/ Perform Quality Assurance).
Analyses uncovered faults with the purpose of improving internal processes and daily activities (reporting of faults/inconsistencies/inefficiencies).
- Develops, uses, adapts, configures, tests and updates applications used by the telecom company's Technology Information Services.
- Ensures the availability (SLA) of all infrastructure services which have passed acceptance test and have been taken over by “Operations”;
- Develops and coordinates scripts development/software development
- Provides active support and work with other IT teams within the telecom company for delivering of new software products intervening in the chain of new product development (design, software development, software installation, software testing).
- Administers resources which are utilized by the QA process and modifies/improves the QA specific tools;
- Contributes to performance improvement of specific QA processes/tools.
- Identifies and documents faults and errors during the acceptance testing;
- Ensures a continuous and cost effective operation of all IT infrastructure services through an improvement process (CSI/Perform Quality Assurance).
- Adapts testing/cataloguing scenarios in order to align with the telecom company's TSO standards and procedures;
- Analyses uncovered faults with the purpose of improving internal processes and daily activities (reporting of faults/inconsistencies/inefficiencies);
- Coordinates all involved parties with the purpose of fixing faults and review the tests results while sustaining their correction;
- Sustains improvement activities and contributes to the standardization of operational processes.
- Ensures that company policies and standards are applied and respected for systems which are involved in the team’s support;
- Grants "Infrastructure GoLive" /"Infrastructure Decom" compliance after the QA process has been successfully passed;
- Performs logical auditing (. SOX activities);
- Analyses project specific requirements/details, creates new entries in specific QA testing and performs tests;
- Performs manual tests at customer request and analyses test results for specific requirements;
- Monitors and control daily acceptance activities and analyses “special” QA acceptance requests (critical migrations, nonstandard requests, introduction of new infrastructure environments);
- Sustains global project initiatives such as SOX, PCI and ISO certifications, contributing to the standardization of operational processes.
Competences, knowledge and experience:
- More than 5 years’ experience in administering IT infrastructures
- Advance knowledge of IT office systems (hardware and software)
- Solid knowledge in documentation
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Well organized and rigorous
- Experience in project management
- Efficient management of multiple requests; result base oriented
- Ability to work in dispersed teams and remotely
- Customer oriented; ability to positively influence the customer experience
- English language (written and spoken) - fluently
Necessary technical/professional certifications::
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Webservices (REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge of Linux,Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
- Knowledge of Windows ServerMicrosoft Cluster
- Knowledge of Veritas Cluster, Legato Networker, VMware
- Knowledge of Vsphere, ESX
- Knowledge of ITILv3
- Very good knowledge of SOX principle
-Excellent opportunities for learning and international exposure;
-Exciting new career in a dynamic, growing organization;
-Professional and friendly working environment;