QA Automation Engineer for (ATI) Research Center
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
In this position you will get the chance to interact with the latest application and threats on the Internet. You will dive deep into the packet of client-server communications to understand how applications and protocols work. You will see the latest malicious activity that happens out in the wild and learn about different vulnerabilities, malware attacks and how evasion techniques work. You will witness new industry leading products being borne where you will have the opportunity to contribute from the beginning. Also important, you will learn/enhance your skills on automation, application flow signatures (dpi), security assessment.
- Build/enhance automation test libraries to validate content (applications and security attacks);
- Deploying/integrating testing infrastructure with continuous integration tools like Jenkins;
- Use network analysing tools (Wireshark, Fidler) to manually perform deep packet inspection.
- Elaborate testing strategy/plan and translate that strategy into test cases;
- Configure, debug, troubleshoot Ixia/non-Ixia network equipment/software;
- Root cause isolation and description of the problem found;
- Highlight delays and bottlenecks and come up with mitigation plans
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues and junior team members
The candidate must have good networking protocols foundation and automation testing experience. He/she should be a team player, enjoy solving problems and have the desire to learn new technologies.
- Understanding OSI layers and networking technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Automation testing and scripting experience (TCL, Bash, etc); Ruby/Python will be a plus;
- Strong QA skills (troubleshooting, bug isolation and reporting);
- Linux knowledge (configuring/troubleshooting/debugging);
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Buildbot is considered an advantage;
- Experience configuring network equipment is also an advantage;
- Experience with external automation tools will be a plus;
- Ideally, experience with Agile software development processes;
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written, both Romanian and English)