QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting for QA Automation Engineers to join our brand new office in the continental Europe, which is headquartered in Bucharest, Romania!
The first 1-2 months of the project will be based in Dublin and then will be based full time in Bucharest.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment in a massive network related project to help identify, resolve and test hard to find bugs and create shippable software on a regular cycle.
- Define/Refine the acceptance criteria for each User Story and create test case relevant scenarios that provide full test coverage for that User Story (Validation of the acceptance criteria)
- Perform full functionality testing of the new features being added during the Sprint as well as performing full regression testing for all the previously implemented functionality.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Work closely with developers to ensure all defects are raised and are resolved within project timelines.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine if they are environmental issues or code defects
- Communicate with internal and external customers to clarify requirements/provide quick test feedback
- Ensure Test Progress reports are daily updated and all Test tasks are reviewed and closed at the end of the Sprint.
- 3+ years of industry testing experience including Test automation
- Strong Linux/Unix experience (CentOS, RHEL), SSH
- Scripting or programming languages: Python, Bash. Nice to haves: Ruby, Java.
- Version Control & related experience: GIT, Gerrit.
- Database: Postgres
- Package management and related: YUM/RPM, Nexus
- Provisioning: Puppet
- Virtualisation & related: VirtualBox, KVM, Vagrant, libVirt
- In-depth knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies, including Docker (Kubernetes would be a plus)
- Tools – such as JIRA, JMeter, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience of bug tracking and test case management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative within a traditional QA team structure or a Scrum-oriented team
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Networking skills (preferable CCNA1 level)
- Finding needle in a haystack skills
- Agile/CI experience
- Knowledge and experience of Linux system configuration
- A background in telecoms with strong knowledge of networking.
- Computer Science/Software Engineering or other related degree
- ISTQB certification is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Sports & Social Club, Running Club, Hacker Club
- Wellness Programme: Pilates, Health Screenings & Workshops
- Fantastic location in the capital of Romania – “Little Paris of East”
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, with locations in Northern Ireland, Eastern Europe, UK and HQ in Dublin. From banking to telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud.
At Ammeon, ground breaking technology is at the forefront, but it’s our people who drive the technology and delivery forward. We recognize individual and team contributions, we support them by providing many opportunities for their growth and want them to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future. Our HR team is continuously striving to create environment that is supportive, dynamic, innovative and fun to work in.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.