The QA Automation Engineer designs test processes and procedures used to ensure that software operates within defined requirements. Implements test plans and validation strategies. Identifies and investigates issues found during testing.
Works closely with software developers and software quality analysts to resolve issues. Develops and maintains automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing. Also, is considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. May assist less-experienced peers. Conducts complex work important to the organization. Contributes to measurable team and/or organizational objectives.
1. Communicates effectively with the technology leadership team
2. Works with cross-functional teams to plan and estimate work
3. Exudes professinalism and maintains a calm demeanor in stressful situations
4. Collaborates across multiple teams to affectively achieve goals
5. Creates test plans and/or quality framework for testing projects
6. Ability to multitask effectively
7. Team-wide subject matter/product advisor
8. Identifies subtle or obscure impacts of proposed changes
9. Anticipates and communicates risk during planning
10. Understands the basics of security testing and compliance
11. Identifies opportunities and initiates improvements to the team's processes
12. Ability to lead major project initiatives
13. Fosters communication and collaboration across teams
14. Mentors junior associates
15. Functions as a quality subject matter expert in their area
Solid understanding of distributed computing architectures
Able to actively participate in developer code reviews
Ability to create effective load test scripts, load test planning /APM
Understanding of networking and network infrastructure
Ability to utilize programming languages . Java, Python
Use of bug tracking tools (Bugzilla, Jira).
Able to write SQL queries (analyze/validate data) and Views / Stored Procedures.
Understanding of XML, HTML.
Knowledge of principles of relational databases.
Ability to create effective test automation using Selenium and open source packages.
Computer Science / related field or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
About AMERICAN GREETINGS
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development areas.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company.
Join US, and you’ll discover a place where work becomes fun!
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.