For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
For our local Bucharest center we are looking for a QA Automation Engineer who is highly analytical and driven and also very process and detail oriented. S/he will help expanding the coverage of our automated tests and make sure that all new functionalities are covered by automated tests.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, product, and security) to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule
• Implement automation first strategy. Maintain, expand, and improve our automated testing framework
• Design, develop, and execute automated system, integration, and user-acceptance tests
• Be meticulous about documentation (Confluence) and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
• +2 years' Experience in working with Python / pytest as testing frameworks.
• At least two years in testing front-end web-based apps using Selenium.
• At least two years in testing backend web apps using tools like Postman, Insomnia.
• Experience in working with database as SQL, MySQL.
• Practical experience in Agile frameworks (Scrum) and tools (Jira)
• Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
• Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies
• Well organized – able to plan own work and track progress against a plan.
• Methodical worker, high attention to detail and tenacious problem solver
• Strong communicator, both written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to peers.
What would be nice to have?
• Experience with multi operating systems environments (Windows, Linux)
• Knowledge of CI/CD processes and the corresponding tools like Git, Jenkins
• Knowledge of container technologies (Docker)
Why you'll love working with us
• The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software;
• International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
• Unique opportunity for personal growth
• Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
• Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
• Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
• Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.