The Ideal Candidate
GTS Telecom is looking for a programmer with good experience in Linux, networking and network-related services, and databases, who will develop features for our internal service provisioning platforms, network monitoring platforms, CRM and other business supporting platforms.
The role is located inside the Technology&Innovation team, which is responsible for maintaining the networking and service platforms of GTS Telecom, and developing new products for our customers. This position provides access to new technologies and equipments, while working on future services for our portfolio of business customers.
- Experience with writing code and developing applications in python and/or perl
- Experience with SQL (at least one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
- Good understanding of system and network security with emphasis on developing secure code
Nice to have skills
- Unix shell scripting (bash/tcl)
- Knowledge of System V IPC
- Knowledge of TCP/IP programming
- SNMP knowledge
- Basic networking skills (Cisco)
- Configuring and operating a Linux server