Project Manager for Economic Empowerment
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
engleză - avansat
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is looking for a trustworthy and experienced Project Manager to join its team in Romania. The successful candidate speaks English (working language) and Romanian fluently.
Duty Station: Craiova (preferred) or Bucharest with 30% travel.
Working time: Part time (30 hours per week)
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Start date: 1st of April 2016
Tdh offers a one year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension
• Responsible for the effective and qualitative implementation of activities, for reaching outputs (output indicators) and project outcomes (outcome indicators)
• Ensures that high quality standards are achieved throughout the project. She/he is responsible for and provides support, advice and guidance to achieve expected outcomes.
• Project monitoring and reporting
• Budget monitoring
• Coordinates the project partners
• Coordinates the Tdh implementation team
• Supervises timely implementation of the project
• Coordinates the M&E process
• Responsible for timely reporting
• Networks/Initiates partnerships with other organizations and with institutions relevant for the project outcomes
Knowledge, Attitude and Experience Required
• At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in project management and/or business development (implementing or consulting)
• Willingness to work in poor communities, with beneficiaries who need basic business development support for development of basic economic/income generating activities.
• Ability to learn, apply and fully comply with donor rules, regulations, legal framework, office policies and procedures. 100% transparency, rigor and honesty.
• Ability to innovate and to be creative.
• Ability to work in a team in a consensual manner and to encourage full participation.
• Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. 100% fluency required in both English and Romanian: spelling, grammar, vocabulary.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and partners.
• Computer literacy – good skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Prior experience in NGO work, especially if related to rural and/or economic development, a strong asset. Child protection attitude a requirement.
• University degree in business is an advantage.
• Ability to travel in rural communities (Dolj, Olt and Gorj or other counties, depending on needs).
• Driver licence
Please send your CV and a maximum one page letter of motivation to , no later than 18th of March 2016.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection. Individuals identifying themselves as Roma are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Main project on which the candidate will work:
Frame project: zefiR – Together for empowerment
Economic development component: SPRING - Supporting Participation of Rroma in the economic life of their community through Income Generation activities
The overall goal of the project is to promote the economic inclusion and empowerment of the most vulnerable Rroma communities in the counties of Olt, Dolj, and Gorj by supporting individual and collective economic activities and entrepreneurship.
Expected outcomes: 1) At least 40 people from Rroma and other vulnerable groups have increased business and entrepreneurial skills in supportive community environments; 2) 20 supported income generating activities and individual businesses are efficient and profitable in minimum 5 local communities with a high number of Rroma or other vulnerable groups.
More information may be obtained on our websites: ;
Background on Terre des hommes
Today, Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation is a significant force among children’s aid organisations in Switzerland and throughout the world. It is the largest non-governmental organisation (NGO) for children’s aid in Switzerland. Tdh has development projects and emergency relief programmes in more than 30 countries. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional donations, of which 87% flows directly into the Tdh programmes.
In Romania, Terre des hommes has been active since 1992. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects under our three main interventions: (1) Strengthening the child protection system to ensure the protection of children from abuse, neglect and exploitation, (2) Protection of children on the move (migration and trafficking), and (3) Inclusion of Roma communities and other minorities.