Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
We are currently looking for a reliable Project Assistant, a natural at problem solving. If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, then this role may be the perfect one for you.
Being in a key role position, you will provide administrative support for the department of Machine Learning and Optimization, a group of up to 10 scientists, ensuring that the scientists are unburdened by administrative issues.
You will report to the leader of the research group, Luigi Malagò, and will coordinate between the group and the institute’s administrative staff for processes like financial reporting, procurement, managing human resources, etc. The group is currently funded by a project funded from European structural funds, in the framework of the Competitiveness Operational Programme.
The skills we are looking for:
- Very good capacity for understanding administrative documents and for processing administrative information, including numerical information;
- High proficiency in spoken and written English and Romanian;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent skills in using computers for managing information, using tools like Microsoft Office / OpenOffice / LibreOffice / Google Docs, including the use of Excel-like programs for simple arithmetic operations on lists of numbers;
- Attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to work;
- Openness for learning, including reading and assimilating legislation specific to issues such as procedures specific for projects funded from structural European funds, getting visas and work permits for foreigners working in Romania, recognition of diplomas, procurement procedures, and for the field of research.
What we need your help with:
- Ensuring that the project's activity complies with various administrative procedures specific to the management of research projects funded from European structural funds;
- Compiling reports in the formats required by the funding contract, by aggregating and structuring information (including financial information) provided by the group's leader and team and by the institute’s administrative staff;
- Procurement tasks such as searching for providers, collecting quotes, placing orders for office supplies;
- Translating into English various administrative documents, for the usage of the group leader and of the group’s scientists;
- Collecting primary accounting documents such as invoices;
- Assisting the group leader in recruiting scientists, internationally, and communicating with candidates;
- Organizing travel of the group’s scientists to conferences and of external invited scientists to Cluj;
- Organizing events;
- Assisting foreign scientists within the research group with their integration in Romania, for issues such as dealing with the immigration office, getting their diplomas recognized by the ministry of education, finding housing, interacting with utility providers;
- Maintaining the group’s website;
- Office management.
In return, we will offer you:
- Alongside a competitive salary we will also be able to offer you the chance to be part of an ambitious team, where you can see the difference your work is making;
- Possibility to join an international and multicultural working environment, made of young scientistsyears old), located 5 minutes away from downtown (Unirii square);
- 20 days’ annual leave;
- Ability to work flexibly as needed;
- Private medical coverage;
- Free unlimited coffee and tea;
- Monthly social events (group dinners and card games) in the office during the weekend;
- Annual off-site event to celebrate the great things that we are going to do together.
- What tools and processes do you use for managing your tasks and your time? Please answer in English.
- Describe in detail the steps you would take to plan a meeting for 10 people. Please answer in English.
- What is your opinion about research in artificial intelligence and machine learning? Please answer in English.