With sales of €39. 2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215k employees in 55 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35, 4k employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Job Description :
- Is actively part of the local project team for product launches with input from serial production.
- Offers support for the implementation of line changes after SOP
- Responsible for the performance of more than one process steps in an integrated view
- Actively monitor and take improvement actions for the KPI's: productivity, OEE (FPY, cycle time, breakdown time, minor stops), CIM implementation, process changes, change over time
- Escalate to Technology Engineer the recommendations for process improvement, as learned from serial production experience
- Support for the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes regarding capability, robustness and capacity
- Support the implementation of ECN's related to process steps in responsibility
- Responsible for the implementation of valid CIM proposals related to process steps in responsibility
- Support for Poka Yoke implementation
- Support for design changes on station level
- Support the lean-check preparations, including the shop floor layout of the line
- He is responsible for the technical trouble shooting escalated to him by production or maintenance
- Escalates to Technology Engineers the issues when additional expertise is required
- Contributor to the global standardization of production processes, and implements the FS global standards in Brasov
- Actively participates at FMEA workshops, with input from serial production.
- Inform Technology Engineer and LLM regarding equipment / process failures from serial production.
- Provide coaching to other Process Engineers, junior to his / her function
- Act as mentor for the integration period of new colleagues: support the definition of Training Integration Plan, goals for integration and offer further support for a succesfull integration
- Provide training to the team colleagues on topics defined togheter with the Department Manager
- University degree in engineering;
- 3+ years working experience as Process Engineer or Technology Engineer;
- Project management skills;
- Technical knowledge in one of the technology groups: molding machine, molding automatisation, stator, pump (incl. washing process), testing, manual / pneumatic pressing, marking / scanning, welding / soldering, EOL test / leak test;
- APQP knowledge (FMEA and PPAP processes);
- Experience with lean methods;
- Quality management tools;
- Automotive Quality standards;
- Advanced English skills;
- German skills represent an advantage;
What we offer
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.