We are seeking for talented Oracle PL/SQL developers to join our energetic, fast-paced environment. You will be working with a globally distributed team on new development as well as system support activities, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting applications.
The financial systems range from development of customer and internal facing web-based applications, to internal batch processing systems, and include a mix of custom- and vendor-based packages, both on-premise and externally hosted.
The reporting space in particular includes a number of critical Oracle-based operational data stores serving the reporting needs of multiple regions and a further datamart and vendor application specifically serving the Regulatory Reporting function in the regulated bank operated by our client in EMEA.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Design, code, test, debug and document:
- Oracle 12C applications including PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, packages, functions;
- Batch scripts and Control-M jobs to run nightly and ad-hoc batches;
- Break down user stories, contribute to story point estimates, partner with Project Manager to assist with sprint planning, and assign work across the dev team, tracking and reporting progress in collaboration with the Project Manager, including supporting and coaching more junior team members as required;
- Collaborate with product owners/business system analysts and other software engineers to clarify requirements and create and document robust technical design specifications;
- Actively maintain tasks against assigned user stories within TFS;
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies including grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos;
- Interact with solution architects, dev leads and project managers from multiple teams to ensure that interlocks with other system are well-understood and end-to-end technical designs are well thought-through;
- Actively participate in and contribute to design office reviews with DFS solution architects;
- Participate in and support production launches coordinating with geographically distributed teams using Skype conference calls;
- Plan, conduct and automate Unit Test, Development Integration Test and support System Integration Tests and User Acceptance Tests and assist in Development and QA acceptance test environment build and maintenance;
- Support environment management teams in the deployment of new builds and software versions to non-production environments, guide application support in production deployments, and seek to automate and streamline application deployments wherever possible;
- Research and evaluate new ideas to accelerate software development across different platforms, and implement automation to reduce ongoing support workloads;
Skills and competencies required:
- Strong written and spoken English and excellent communication skills;
- 6-8 years’ experience in Oracle 11G/12C - PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, packages, functions;
- Batch processing: Experience with Control-M and batch scripts;
- Oracle Database modeling, indexes, SQL queries and tuning;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Knowledge of end-to-end application architecture and all phases of application programming;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed team, including allocating work across a team and understanding the “big picture” application architecture;
What we offer:
You will find here not only a challenging and interesting workplace, but also a rewarding work experience, with competitive compensation and benefit packages:
- Soft skills and technical training for current and emerging products and technologies;
- Career development: opportunity to grow within the team (. Senior Expert Network roles);
- Special referral bonuses for recommending your friends;
- Private Medical subscription;
- A monthly budget for flexible benefits program that includes public transportation reimbursement and meal tickets, sport & wellness, telecom & electronics, children & parents, holiday & culture, tourism;
- Relaxation rooms (foosball table, ping pong, board games);
- Extra vacation days;
- Flexible working hours and work from home, aligned with project needs;
- Friendly team who is eager to meet you.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
In case you will need further information, just send us a message at and we’ll be happy to assist!
We are a Brazilian company with over three decades of IT expertise, focused on making the digital transformation dream a successful reality for our clients.
Our “big enough, yet small enough” approach makes us open, flexible, responsive and agile. If you are somebody who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, who likes to experience the newest technologies but, at the same time, keeps a grasp on the well-established ones, then join us in the conversation about relevant software development.
Stefanini has career opportunities locally and around the world for professionals interested in a vibrant, passionate, team-oriented workplace.
Learn more about us on and 👍 our Facebook page Stefanini Romania.