Physical Education Teacher for Primary school
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Salariu aproximativ brut oferit / luna in euro
- Their primary responsibility is to engage the children in sport competitions or other physical activity.
- It is the job of the physical education teacher to involve students equally and to plan activities that benefit all students. The teacher is to be a coach, referee, teammate and motivator. A physical education instructor must engage the class in both team sports and individual activities, while explaining the safe and correct way to engage in physical fitness. In addition to teaching physical fitness skills, the physical education instructor teaches social interaction skills.
The teacher is expected to:
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching young learners.
- Facilitates children’s physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops engaging and effective lesson plans and supplementary materials.
- Provides ongoing formative feedback to students.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset individually and supports this development with all students.
- Communicates in developmentally appropriate ways through a humane, sensitive approach that clearly communicate that every child, regardless of ability, can succeed and will benefit from a physically active, healthy lifestyle.
- Collaborates with school team members in providing ideas and support to increase health and wellness, movement and activity within the classroom.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas that supports and aligns with the school policies.
- Plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of the pupils in their class(es).
- Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the use of a varied selection of resources
- Create displays to encourage a positive learning environment and motivate pupils to develop independent learning.
- Mark and assess pupils’ work and record their development, progress and attainment; keep detailed records to monitor this progress; check for understanding and completion in order to address strengths and weaknesses; and work with the Academic Director and HoS in tracking individual and group progress.
- Maintain high levels of discipline and respect between pupils and staff; promote an understanding of the school’s rules and values; safeguard health and safety; and develop relationships with and between pupils conducive to optimum learning.
- Evaluate and review continually own teaching methods and practices, materials and schemes of work, and initiate changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Keep up-to-date with current educational thinking and practice through individual study and attending courses, workshops and meetings,
- Organize and take part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Act as a consistent role model to all students providing them with advice, knowledge and mentorship that extends beyond the delivery of the curriculum.
- Set a good example at all time adopting a professional appearance and being culturally sensitive and professional both in the school and the community
- Proven Experience as a teacher (references are required)
- Bachelor /Master Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in Education
- Very good knowledge of English
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to students and their learning and development
- Possess good oral and written communication skills and be a good communicator, who is accessible to pupils and colleagues;
- Prioritise, organise and manage time effectively
- Lead and participate in after school events and activities willingly and proactively
- Use a creative approach to curriculum and co-curriculum matters
- Be approachable, have a sense of humour and lead by example
- Satisfactory health record and criminal record
Cambridge School of Bucharest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous country of employment.