2Checkout (formerly Avangate) is the digital commerce & payments provider that helps companies sell their products and products are proudly used by HP Software, Kaspersky Lab, Bitdefender andother clients globally. Our ambitious team is building a successful product, tremendously recognized by 50+ international industry awards.
At 2Checkout we believe that success is achieved by teams that work hard, think smart, and dream big. As part of our team you’ll work in a friendly and fast-paced environment, where ideas are encouraged and people are passionate about their work. Working at 2Checkout is an exciting challenge that grows your career while having lots of fun.
Interested to join the team?
We are growing our talented Engineering team in Romania so we are hiring a great Payments PHP Developer, who will be directly involved in the product development projects of the Avangate platform, using Agile Scrum as methodology.
Some of the technologies and services we’re using to build our geographically distributed multi data-center platform are PHP, MySQL (partitioning, replication, sharing), Redis, Sphinx, MongoDB, Memcached, APIs (both as a provider and a consumer, including REST, JSON-RPC and SOAP), multiple CDNs (Content Delivery NetworkWe’re constantly investing in new technologies and we are open to using the best tools to get the job done.
Every engineer contributes to the vision of how we grow the product and is directly involved in vetting new and existing features and defining the technical solution.
What you`ll do:
Development and maintenance for payments related platform areas like:
- Payment processors integrations
- Antifraud flags development and maintenance
- PCI-DSS Compliant credit card Vault system
- Shopping cart
- Reconciliation automation
- Applications design meeting
- Platform optimization and scalability projects
- Embracing good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing and code reviews
- Identifying and prototyping best practices for back end engineering
- Sharing to the team and community cool ideas and research areas you are passionate of (see some of our colleagues involved in Tech Session presentations or open source contribution)
What you need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in web-enabled software application development
- Solid working knowledge of PHP
- MySQL experience
- Knowledge of techniques and concepts of Internet security
- Person with initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience with payment processor integrations
- Knowledge of English language (written and speaking)
While working in our company you will experience:
- A dynamic team spirit in an international work environment and exciting growth phase;
- A highly motivated team of curious developers, testing engineers, system administrators, designers and product managers;
- Advanced applied Agile Scrum environment with fast iterations
- Training and certifications (Zend Certification, Agile Scrum Master, MySQL, Unit testing etc.)
- Access to latest tech trends local conferences and events;
- Opportunities for advancement (Scrum Master, Architect, Project Manager or towards Product Management);
Why you’ll love working with us:
- International work environment in an exciting growth phase
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible business hours and work from home
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks like: meal tickets, public transportation refund, various gym subscriptions with 50% discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from)
- Bookster subscription
- Fruits in the office, best coffee every day and great team events