Personal Property Tax Accountant
Personal Property Tax Accountant is responsible for all aspects of business personal property tax matters from ensuring compliance with multi-jurisdictional personal property tax (PPT) filings to providing support during multi-jurisdictional personal property tax (PPT) audits. This person will be primarily responsible for all PPT tax rendition filings for the Company, preparing the PPT month-end accounting entries, and assisting with special projects. This position will be involved in implementing strategies and processes to minimize and reduce the overall tax burden of the Company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• 2 to 5 years of experience with finance and accounting.
• 2 to 5 years of experience preparing returns working with complex datasets including Oracle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience researching tax laws and regulations using tax research engines.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timely filing and precision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team member
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel is a requirement.