IBM Hybrid Cloud is looking for an Oracle Hyperion / OBIEE Administrator who can join our global IBM Cloud Support team and actively participate to the growth and development of our project for supporting Oracle based applications running in IBM Cloud environment. In this role, your contribution will be vital to providing a high quality support experience to our Cloud settled customers, implying hands-on as well as customer facing experience.
- Able to understand, design, develop, integrate and implement processes using Oracle Hyperion Product Suites
- Able to understand, design and optimize multidimensional data models
- Excellent understanding of various data integration processes and BI methodologies
- Familiar with Oracle Hyperion technical architecture (including configuration, testing and deployment)
- Tuning of Essbase with respect to Enterprise class applications and Planning based Essbase cubes
- Ability to perform roadmap / architecture / platform design work on OBIEE
- Provide advice and guidance on report and data source development progression on the OBIEE platform;
- Able to emphasize the OBIEE on-premise vs. Hyperion OBIEE Cloud offerings (Essbase Cloud, Cloud Analytic Services, etc).
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Knowledge of all implementation tasks such as setup, configuration, testing, go-live activities, troubleshooting, and end user training and providing support post go live for hypercare
- Excellent client management and communication skills
- Lead resolution of application & database issues and perform needed tasks as required
- Technical lead for critical situations, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and problem management
- Own customer specific SOPs and Policies & Procedures and ensure extended support team is trained on those procedures
- Actively work on improving delivery quality and overall customer satisfaction
- Continue to train and mentor extended support teams
- Good understanding of modern multi tier Oracle Application architecture - configuration, maintenance, sizing, high available setup, load balancing, SSL encryption, Integration between applications, DMZ configuration etc.
- Knowledge in Essbase administration, Hyperion Planning application installation and administration, Webform & dataform design, Oracle Hyperion Essbase Integration Services
- Exposure to Essbase Studio Console, Oracle Data Integrator, Hyperion Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Problem diagnosis & recovery - day-to-day administration and operations of Oracle application components (Weblogic servers, OBIEE etc.) and database
- Fair Oracle Database Administration skills on Unix and ability to read, understand and create shell scripts, as well as SQL statements)
- Incident/Problem ticket resolution, as well as Standard Operation Procedure build
- Modern application servers administration basic skills for Weblogic, Oracle Application Server, WebShpere etc.
- Fair understanding of Virtualization and Cloud architecture
- Most importantly, candidate is expected to prove willingness to learn new technologies, be flexible and open minded, results oriented towards highest levels of customer's satisfaction
In this role, the following will be important:
- Bachelors’ Degree required (preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent)
- English Language: Advanced
- Prior involvement early-life support for new applications going live into the production environment is a plus
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and problem investigation skills in UNIX / J2EE environment
- Application Servers (Weblogic preferred) administration and web services and system to system interaction (messaging, batches, remote method invocation, etc.) - medium level
- Experience with Enterprise Databases (Oracle preferred) - medium level
- Excellent customer facing communication skills - verbal and written