Oracle Database Technical Support Manager
Senior (5-10 ani), Executive (>10 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Manager is a position responsible for delivery of departmental results through successful direction and management of a team or staff. Assures the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The individual in this position is likely to be a first time manager who has performed technical or professional duties in a support environment. A significant component of the position will entail gaining knowledge of policies affecting staff and in development of effective management skills. The Manager will interact frequently with customers and other managers. The team is likely to be comprised primarily of technical or other professionals.
Example of Duties:
- Establishes and communicates departmental objectives and implements plans to assure attainment of goals
- Translates departmental goals into performance objectives for each team member and measures departmental and individual performance against plan
- Carefully prepares and presents employee performance appraisals on time
- Attends required management development/training programs
- Jointly develops and implements an employee development plan for each team member
- Recommends strategies and improvement ideas to senior management
- Makes recommendations for employee actions (hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline)
- Ensures proper utilization of resources and provides justification for additional resource requests
- Conducts technical presentations concerning products, project schedules, etc.
- Presents quarterly departmental performance against plan at senior management operations review
- Maintains high departmental morale and retains team members
- Routinely coaches employees to assure understanding of tasks and to maximize team performance
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth working knowledge of products/platforms and their uses or of other professional areas managed
- Able to motivate team to achieve and sustain high performance
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Able to provide leadership and direction to a technical or professional team
- Effective as a team member/leader both within and outside the support organization
- Maintains effectiveness in environment with shifting priorities and high pressure
- Proactive, well-organized, and a thorough planner
- Knowledge of the support organization and the impact of internal decisions
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills and ability to lead others to find appropriate solutions
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in the balancing of customer, employee, and company objectives
- B Tech/M Tech/MCA/M Sc (Computers) with strong technical experience as an Oracle DBA on Oracle 10g/11g/12c – OCP is a plus
- Typically has five or more years of technical or professional experience in addition to five or more years of experience in a management or other leadership role (preferably in a support environment).