Seeking a highly self-motivated Database / Middle Tier / Unix Systems administrator with broad experience to support and maintain a large Global environment.
Candidate must be able to solve complex technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations, proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Hands on experience with Weblogic, Apache, Oracle Database, Unix systems and SQL are required.
Strong customer focus and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people from end users through senior management.
Typically requires a minimum of4-8 yearshands on experience with Database, Middle Tier and Unix Administration.
This will include installation, debugging, trouble shooting, performance tuning, patching, upgrading and on-going support for all areas.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications and additional experience will be considered).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of:
* Database Administration application / installation /troubleshooting / support (Oracle 11g / 12c)
*Mid-tier Administrationapplication / installation /troubleshooting / support (Weblogic)
* Linux Administrationapplication / installation /troubleshooting / support(preferably Oracle Linux, CentOS or Redhat)
* Programming / Scripting (bash / sh shell scripting required, ruby, csh, ksh, Perl, php, all desirable)
* Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack . OBIEE, Endeca, ODI, etc.
* Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
* Virtualization technologies deployment and support (OVM, OCI)
* Experience in a Data Center environment
* Sun Microsystems / Oracle server and storage products
* OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure support
* Fluent in English (Mandatory:excellentspoken and written skills)
* Mentoring and Leadership skills
* Perform light lifting - 25lbs (able to install a 2U server in a Rack)
* Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems
*Familiar withsupport services, escalation management,customer relationship managementsolutions (IT ticketing systems)
* Be part of a 24x7x365 team possibly including on-call and weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
* Docker, Chef
* Oracle GoldenGate
*OracleREST Data Services (ORDS)
* Oracle Application Express (APEX)
* Samba file sharing
* Microsoft Windows server,Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and RDP, Active Directory
* Hardware troubleshooting and repair
* Backup strategy / solutions
* AGILE / DevOps
* Experience setting up Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) environments.
* Experience integrating Weblogic server with Active Directory or other directory servers and configuration of Single Sign On (SSO)
* Experience with platform and infrastructure architecture / design for Oracle Fusion Middleware implementations and upgrades
* Networking (Cisco, LAN, DNS, WAN,SSL,switches / routers)
* Storage (NFS, ZFS, UFS, DAS, NAS, SAN)
* Ability to share knowledge and document
* Strong organizational skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required and are subject to change as the technical scope evolves