Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Engineer-Shifts
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team is based in downtown Seattle and is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud services. Oracle's Cloud team is being built with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic, creative, and collaborative environment; while ensuring that employees are supported in their career goals and have opportunities for training and education. We appreciate and value commitment to family and enthusiastically encourage work / life balance.
We are continuing our fast-paced growth, bringing on new customers around the world daily. Our Customer Operations team is responsible for making sure our enterprise customers receive prompt & informative answers that quickly solve any question or issue they have encountered. Often you are assisting the makers of your favorite web site and/or smartphone app, a startup just starting to make itself known, and even Fortune 500 companies.
For those who want a challenge, want to dive in deep and learn the technologies our products are built on, and love to provide customers with the exact experience that you would expect in their shoes, this is the position for you. You will be surrounded by likeminded team members that are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service, technical assistance, and training to internal and external customers.
- Learn, Support, and use groundbreaking technologies
- Prompt and accurate response to questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of our services.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' needs
- Assess ticket priority, escalates as necessary through proper channels to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve issues timely and accurately to help the team meet expected metrics and SLAs.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and security regarding our customers' accounts, assigned company equipment, and company systems.
- Monitor release notes to obtains understanding of new or updated services.
- Participate in weekend (possibly night and on-call) rotation for Oracle platforms as coverage is needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Prepare evaluations of services or processes and recommend improvements.
- Develop customer-facing or internal documentation on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate customer needs and wishes to leadership team.
- Should have a passion for technology and troubleshooting complex customer problems.
- Should be able to communicate effectively with other team members as well as members of the Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a technology related field or discipline;
- Experience with customer success strategies, technical support / helpdesk roles.
- Knowledge of Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Experience in IPsec and SSL VPN, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience with various routers and firewall appliances from: Cisco, Juniper etc.
- Comfortable communicating solutions to customers across a wide variety of skill-sets.
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as appropriate.
- Tenacious with a passion for learning new and unfamiliar concepts.
- Comfortable working with customers in person, by phone and via email.
- Cultural fit is important. You should embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
- Previous experience in a service industry is preferred.
Experienced in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Storage, Cloud Computing, Operating Systems, Middleware etc.