Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
IBM Hybrid Cloud is looking for an Oracle Applications Database Administrator who can join our global IBM Cloud Support team and actively participate to the growth and development of our project for supporting Oracle based applications running in IBM Cloud environment. In this role, your contribution and leadership will be vital to providing a high quality support experience to our Cloud settled customers, implying hands-on as well as customer facing experience.
- Proactively manage health of Oracle Applications client environments - database, applications and OS
- Lead resolution of application and database issues and perform needed tasks as required
- Technical lead for critical situations, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and problem management
- Technical review of all application and database changes
- Own customer specific SOPs and Policies and Procedures and ensure extended support team is trained on those procedures
- Actively work on improving delivery quality and overall customer satisfaction
- Continue to train and mentor extended support teams
- Ensure Customer Experience Management (CEM) tasks are complete for customers . security scans, firmware updates, HA failover testing, OS patching, etc.
- Good understanding of modern multi-tier Oracle Application architecture - configuration, maintenance, sizing, high available setup, load balancing, SSL encryption, integration between applications, DMZ configuration etc.
- Problem diagnosis and recovery - day-to-day administration and operations of Oracle application components (Weblogic servers, OID, OIM, Essbase etc.) and database
- Basic knowledge for database performance analysis based on AWR/ASH/LTOM for single instance and Real Application Cluster running on clustered file system or ASM
- Fair Oracle Database Administration skills on Unix/Linux or Windows platform (rman restore/recovery, Data Guard setups, RDBMS and GI patching, ability to read, understand and create shell scripts, as well as SQL statements)
- Incident/Problem ticket resolution, as well as Standard Operation Procedure build
- Modern application servers administration basic skills for Weblogic, Oracle Application Server, Webshpere etc.
- Exposure to SOA and / or Fusion Middleware and Fusion Applications would be a great plus
- Good understanding of virtualization and Cloud architecture
- Able to ensure the requirements of the target environment are fully met before installing the application; if not, able to intelock and coordinate the preparation activities with other parties (infrastructure, development team, other support teams)
- Most importantly, candidate is expected to prove willingness to learn new technologies, be flexible and open minded, results oriented towards highest levels of customer's satisfaction
In this role, the following will be important:
- Bachelors’ Degree required (preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent)
- English Language: Advanced
- Prior involvement early-life support for new applications going live into the production environment is a plus
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and problem investigation skills in UNIX / J2EE environment
- Application Servers (Weblogic preferred) administration and web services and system to system interaction (messaging, batches, remote method invocation, etc.) - medium level
- Experience with Enterprise Databases (Oracle preferred) - medium level
- Excellent customer facing communication skills - verbal and written